The Center’s Africa program is looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful, and diligent intern with a commitment to reproductive rights issues, to participate in and assist in implementation of its ongoing projects.
This full time internship will begin in May 2017 and will run for a period of 3 months.
The intern is expected to be physically based at the Center’s office in Nairobi, Kenya. Compensation: This internship is eligible for a small stipend.
Responsibilities for the Legal internship
- The intern’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in conducting legal and policy research and analysis on laws that impact women’s reproductive rights;
- Assisting in fact-checking sources for reports/cases;
- Assisting with tracking press mentions;
- Assisting in organizing program-related events and meetings and reporting on the same; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the Legal Internship
- Currently enrolled for LL.M. degree program or recent graduates. Candidates in their final year of LLB may also be considered;
- Coursework in international human rights law;
- Strong legal research, writing, and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated interest in women’s issues and reproductive rights.
Must have exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal presentation skills;
Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a growing group;
- Motivated self-starter and highly organized;
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential matters appropriately;
- Have the capability to multitask and adjust priorities as needed; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply. A cover letter, resume, writing sample and contact information for two references must be included in your application in order to be considered for this position. Please include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.