Vacancy: Legal Officer – Regional Office for Africa
WWF Regional Office for Africa (ROA) is seeking to recruit a highly qualified and competent Legal Officer to spearhead the attainment of the above objectives.
WWF ROA has offices in Cameroun, CAR, DRC, Gabon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mozambique, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The role reports to the Director, Finance & Operations – AfricaThe legal officer will be responsible for providing high quality legal advice to local Management and teams within WWF offices on a full range of legal and challenging operational issues, in accordance with the following principles:
instil and foster a culture of legal compliance,
advocate for Ethics & Compliance across all levels within the region,
build relationships with external legal advisors within the region.
Location: This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with travel to other ROA offices.
- Ensure review of legal risk to ROA offices focusing on providing legal advice on MOUs, contracts, and tender documents. Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Support in policy development and advice on legal implications of internal policies and procedures and ensure compliance to statutory requirements.
- Assist with Litigation management by reviewing outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in all countries and provide management information on the same
- Support in contract negotiation and highlight WWF’s commitments and assessing legal implications of the same
- Law degree, Master’s degree is a plus.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in law firm or multinational organisations (private sector or NGO).
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with laws dealing with commercial/contract administration and labour laws.
- Good knowledge of Anglophone legal systems within Africa and some experience with either Francophone or Lusophone county legal systems.
Required Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory law
- Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomatic skills.
- Excellent command of English, French is a plus.
CLICK HERE for a detailed job description
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit a cover letter and CV to Manager, People & Organisation Development clearly indicating the position applied for on the subject line to: [email protected] for applications: 15th August 2015 Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.WWF is an equal opportunity Employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.