The Commission on Administrative Justice (Office of The Ombudsman) is a Constitutional Commission established under Article 59 (4) and Chapter Fifteen of the Constitution, and the Commission on Administrative Justice Act, 2011.
CAJ seeks to recruit a qualified:-
Job Title: Legal Officer for the Chairperson’s Office
Job Grade: 7
No of Posts: 1
Reporting To: Director, Legal & Advisory
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Attending to clients on matters relating to administrative justice and offering legal advice thereon;
- Representing the Commission in legal proceedings including amicus briefs;
- Assisting the Commission in conducting hearings, inquiries and investigations in matters falling within its mandate;
- Conducting legal research on matters relating to administrative justice and other legal matters;
- Promoting and facilitating resolution of complaints and disputes through mediation and reconciliation;
- Preparing periodic reports on complaints investigated and remedial action taken by the Commission;
- Preparing Legal and advisory opinions;
- Providing recommendations or remedial alternatives for resolution of disputes.
- Interpreting and translating official documents from French to English and vice versa.
- Assisting in the performance of duties relating to the office of the Chairperson.
- For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:-
- A Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from a recognized University.
- A current and valid practicing certificate.
- Knowledge and exposure to Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Ability to undertake research and provide sound legal opinions.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written French.
- The ability to interpret, transcribe, and translate official documents.
- Experience in handling and resolution of complaints will be an added advantage.
The closing date is on 25th September 2015 at 4:30 pm.
How to Apply
The applications should be addressed to:
The Commission Secretary, Commission on Administrative Justice, 2nd Floor, West End Towers – Waiyaki Way, P.O. Box 20414 City Square, 00200, Nairobi
Applicants will be short listed based on their qualifications and work experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Commission on Administrative Justice is an Equal Opportunity employer.