Legal Officer Jobs in Kenya 2016
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our client is a holding company with several subsidiaries in various industries. They are looking to hire a Legal Officer with at least 2 years post pupilage working experience.
Legal Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and provide legal and financial advice to the organization
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers and partners
- Efficient administration by ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and that decision of the Board of Directors are implemented.
- Filing of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the Companies Law
- To engage legal advisors and defend the rights of the company in Courts of Law
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff
Skills and Qualifications for Legal Officer Job
- Must have a Law degree and CPS(K)
- 2 -3 years post pupilage working experience.
- Must be 28yrs and above.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management
- Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters.
- Good planning and organization skills
- Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters
How To Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Legal Officer) to [email protected] before Friday 26thAugust, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. To view other job openings please click here
The Recruiting Manager, Corporate staffing Services
4th Floor, Mayfair Suites, Westlands