Job Title: Legal Secretary / Counselor
Reports To: TBA
Job Purpose: Providing management with effective legal advice on business issues and company strategies; selecting and overseeing the work of outside counsel; drafting and editing complex commercial agreements; ensuring the company operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and helping prepare briefs, complaints, motions and other court documents
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing legal processes that enforce corporate governance to reviewing legal contracts, Company publications, real estate leases and business purchases for potential liabilities.
• Develop Contracts where necessary to secure risk.
• Advice management on ad-hoc contractual questions
• To negotiate client agreements
• Manage Ad hoc projects as they arrive
• Submit copyright applications for products, trademarks and services; mediate labor disputes; oversee tax payments; and work closely with other lawyers, legislative bodies and government officials on the legal rights of their client or organization.
• To ensure the Company is operating within the law at all times.
• To examine and summaries client agreements.
• To draft alternative clauses where necessary
• In-depth detailed research on various issues/projects.
• To liaise with regulators and external counsel where necessary
• Update contract database
• Perform any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
• Internal Interactions: To coordinate with all department
• External Interactions: To coordinate with Internal & External Customers
• Bachelor of law degree
• Over 10 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy environment.
• Thorough law knowledge of the Kenyan laws.
• Having leadership skills and proactive.
• Having good negotiation skills & able to work with a team..
How to Apply
Interested candidates who possess the necessary skills, qualifications, experience, and are team players with exceptional performance are encouraged to send application including a cover letter, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime telephone contact, email address; and the names and contacts of 3 professional referees (preferably current or previous direct reports) to [email protected] on or before 16th October 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Legal Secretary’