JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR LIBRARIAN
The management of Kibogora Polytechnic resolves to appoint a Librarian from June 1, 2016. The expected responsibilities of the librarian are:
- Responsible for library users enquiries;
- Facilitate staff and students to access the information needed; Maintain good relationship with library users.
- Supervise the vacating and securing the building at closing time and ensuring that the keys are safeguarded
- Provide detailed bibliographical and other assistance to readers, including help with printed and electronic resources, and library equipment;
- Provide training on use of the Library to readers as and when required;
- Advise staff on duty in correct procedures and supporting them in their work;
- Maintain, and when necessary, update the library manual of policy and procedures;
- Direct the classification and cataloguing of books
- Make plan for integrating and correlating the library with instructional activities and needs of curriculum
- Initiate and manage interlibrary loan
- Assist and facilitate the use of e-resources to all KP community
Applicant should have:
- An advanced diploma in Library studies plus experience (or degree)
- Demonstrating computer skills knowledge,
- A very good standard in both English and Kinyarwanda.
Applications, consisting of application letter, CV with three references, copy of ID and supported document of your experiences should be sent to the Vice Chancellor on [email protected] or handed to the Director of Administration and Finance. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date is 15th May 2016.
Done at Nyamasheke, on April 15th, 2016
Vice Chancellor, Kibogora Polytechnic