Job Type:Non-Exempt National
Salary: KES. 54,699
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties for the Library Assistant Job
- Arranging, labeling, storing, moving/transferring of records and/or supervising the same while the File Librarian is on leave.
- Preparing and sending case files to USCIS/Refugee Coordinator’s offices in the U.S. embassy Nairobi in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Receiving case files from USCIS/Refugee Coordinator’s Offices in the U.S. embassy Nairobi and IOM, updating the records in the file library database and transferring the case files to Adjudications, Namechecks and Public Information Supervisors for review, updates or dissemination to any other staff that the case file may be addressed to.
- Opening the file library and the file cabinets in the file library in the morning and closing in the evening after close of business.
- Checking in and out case files from the file library by entering the records in the file library database and/or in the manual record books.
- Checking and confirming case file statuses in the WRAPS database and updating new case file location in the file library database in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Filing all case files in the file library cabinets according to their alphabetical order.
- Pulling, arranging and organizing closed cases in USCIS boxes ready for transferring to USCIS Nairobi for onward transfer to National Record Centre according to the standard operating procedures.
- Preparing and organizing case files in the file library according to their statuses as per the requirements of other operations units.
- Assisting other operations staff in tracking down the location of case files in the File Library database and other manual records.
- Retrieving case files or departure records from the Scan Server and printing scanned documents upon request by Supervisors and Field Team Leaders.
- Serving as the contact person for all inquiries directed to the file library while the File Librarian is on leave.
- Participating and/or supervising regular file audits to maintain order while the File Librarian is on leave.
- Ensuring timely preparation of statistical reports while the File Librarian is on leave.
- Other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor to enhance the efficiency of the file library operations.
Library Assistant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5 years of work experience.
- Relevant work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated beginner level computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
Abilities for the RSC Africa Jobs
- work independently and contribute to overall File Library process as per the standard operating procedures;
- adhere to RSC, DIU Standard Operating Procedures;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply online through http://rscafrica.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2d9enfeg90w