Library Assistant II Job at Tharaka Nithi County
Pursuant to the constitution of Kenya 2010 and the County Government Act no.17 of 2012,the county Government of Tharaka Nithi invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions.
Library Assistant II,
Job Group ‘H'(15 POSTS)
Library Assistant Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of materials for binding;
- Shelf arrangement;
- Provision of reference services to readers;
- Filing of catalogue cards and press cuttings;
- Charging and disc arching library materials.
Requirements for Library Assistant Job
For this appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Kenya certificate of secondary education (kcse) mean grade c or its equivalent qualification with at least a c in Mathematics, English or Kiswahili;
- A diploma in library studies or information science or their recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Proficiency in computer applications.
All Applicants Must
- Meet the conditions of chapter six of the constitution.
- Be cleared by HELB where applicable.
- Have valid Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Have valid Certificate of Good Conduct issued by Kenya Police.
- Have clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable qualified candidates should forward their application, enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of daytime telephone contact-mail address, names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before WEDNESDAY 3rd August, 2016 by 5.pm.. NB: All applicants MUST fill in the application for employment form – TNC/CPSB/2a available on our website at or obtain hard copies of the same at the County Public Service Board’s office at Kathwana. Online applications should be emailed to [email protected] All application should be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position applied for and should be addressed to: The Secretary County Public Service Board P.O Box 10-60406 Kathwana