Pan Africa Christian University, a Chartered Private University, is seeking to fill the positions outlined below from suitable candidates.
Applicants must be born again Christians and active members of a local Church.
Library Assistant Job Purpose
- This position reports to the University Librarian and will be responsible for providing efficient circulation services to all library users
Key Responsibilities for Library Assistant:
- Circulation of library materials
- Shelving of all library materials after use and maintain the books in excellent condition
- Support users in retrieving information and materials
- Participate in inventories and other collection management activities
- Accessioning books in the library system
- Maintain order in the library and ensure users adhere to the rules of the library.
- Indexing of library material
- Populating the institution repository
Minimum Requirements for Library Assistant Job
- An applicant must possess a Diploma in Library Information Sciences or related field. Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage.
- Have 3 years’ experience working in an academic Library.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills are essential;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Library information systems.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, kindly send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to The DVC Administration & Finance, Pan Africa Christian University, P.O. Box 56875-00200 Nairobi or email to [email protected]; not later than Friday, 5th August, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.