General Manager Job at The Kenyan Alliance Insurance
The Kenyan Alliance Insurance is a leading Insurance Company offering a wide range of financial products and services. Our product range includes life and general insurance, pensions, investment planning and retirement planning.
As part of our growth strategy, the Company seeks to recruit dynamic, passionate, innovative and result orientated professional to the positions below;
Responsibilities for the General Manager Job
- Direct, administer, and coordinate the internal operational activities of the Life Business in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Managing Director and the Board.
- Assist the Managing Director in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the various business units under Life Business.
- Central to this role is building positive and lasting relationships between Kenyan Alliance and its business partners.
Key Results Areas
- Participate in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans based on the strategic plans and objectives;
- To manage life business operations in line with the company’s policies and guidelines;
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes in line with the strategic objectives;
- Provide leadership for management of the life fund and pension business in tandem with the regulatory requirements and other areas of general management;
- Continuously propose the basis and scope of new insurance products and pricing of life products for market competitiveness;
- Carry out market intelligence to ensure that the company is in tandem with industry trends and adopt product pricing mechanisms that result in profitability;
- Put in place control mechanisms that enable achievement of high levels of customer satisfaction;
- Continuously review and propose business handling procedures by recommending measures to enhance the company’s competitiveness;
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality.
Qualifications for the General Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, a Master’s Degree in Business will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years’ managerial experience developing and maintaining business growth with tangible results and managing senior level staff;
- Strong leadership skills and focused, charismatic, confident individual with high level of integrity;
- Specialist training in Life Business Underwriting and Claims Management;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details;
- Ability to create trends and innovative products from a myriad of information;
- Good written/verbal communication skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their application letters and CV‘s only to [email protected] stating the current and expected remuneration not later than 19th May 2017 quoting the position in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more details visit our website https://kenyanalliance.co.ke/careers