- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist Job at Save The Children
Save the Children is seeking to recruit an experienced Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist for an anticipated USAID project that will provide comprehensive support to orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs) in select counties within Kenya.
- The Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist will be responsible for the technical aspects of project implementation that relate to household economic strengthening activities using a graduation approach.
- She/he will report directly to the COP and will advise and support the OVC Manager and COP, providing technical direction to project implementation and ensuring the project meets stated goals, expected results and reporting requirements.
- She/he will take technical leadership role designing and promoting use of low-risk activities to diversify and stimulate growth in household income and integrate economic activities with complementary interventions across the project.
- She/he will be knowledgeable about evidence-based and state-of-the-art household economic strengthening approaches/strategies, including savings-led approaches, that address the different levels of household vulnerability.
Livelihoods Assistant Job Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
The main responsibilities for the Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist include:
- Assist the Chief of Party (COP) and sub-partners to ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of all deliverables on household economic strengthening component of the project.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for high quality implementation of the household economic strengthening components of the project.
- Facilitate linkages with government safety net programs and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement other economic strengthening initiatives and adhere to country and global standards.
- Ensure timely, high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by the donor or the government.
- Work closely with MEAL team to deliver project quality benchmarks, baseline, monitoring, evaluation and key lessons learned.
- Work closely with Communication Manager to document and share project impacts through case studies or success stories.
Required Background and Experience for Livelihoods Assistant Job
- At a minimum, the Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist will have:
- At least 8 years of experience managing complex development projects, with at least three of these years working in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably Kenya. During this period she/he should have been involved in the design, implementation, reporting and evaluation of evidence-based economic/livelihood projects for vulnerable groups, such as OVC or graduation programming.
- Master’s Degree in commerce, economics economic development, business management and administration or related field, or equivalent additional work experience.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
Qualified Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Click here to apply