Senior Manager, Human Capital – Uganda
Reports to: Director, Global Human Capital
Location: Kampala, Uganda with travel in East Africa
Living Goods (LG) seeks an experienced Human Resources professional to join our growing Global Human Capital team (HC).
As the Manager, HC – Uganda, you will lead the delivery of the Uganda people strategy in line with LG goals.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, capable of managing multiple priorities and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
Provide strategic HR advice and implement HR policies, procedures and projects to support the organisational strategy.
Serve as the focal point for the delivery of people related services for Living Goods employees in Uganda. Provide proactive advice and coaching to managers in the delivery of the Living Goods country people strategy.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Formulate and implement HR strategies, objectives and processes that are fully aligned to the Country and overall LG strategy.
- Own the implementation of the Uganda HR strategy.
- Provide proactive, advice and coaching to managers in the delivery of the Living Goods people strategy in Uganda.
- Drive and monitor the performance management and goal setting processes to improve individual performance.
- Support the on-going development of an LG values based culture that will inspire employee commitment and ensure LG’s continued success. Support cultural change.
- Lead in country succession planning activities.
- Coordinate and/or deliver learning interventions and facilitate development opportunities for employees at all levels, including training, stretch assignments and suitable talent development programs.
- Conduct research and benchmarking. Incorporate learnings and external best practice to drive continuous improvement.
Talent Sourcing, Selection and On-boarding
- Identify country staffing needs.
- Partner with the Senior Manager, Global Talent Acquisition to design the talent sourcing strategy for Uganda, in line with the Regional strategy.
- Oversee the recruitment process for Uganda and ensure the selection of high calibre candidates in a timely manner and in line with budgetary and global requirements
- In partnership with hiring managers, optimise and implement on-boarding strategies for Uganda based new staff.
- Provide coaching, consultation, facilitation and resolution strategies for workplace issues including managing absences, disciplinary matters, grievances and sickness
- Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Build management responsibility and capability for managing Employee Relations and Industrial Relations issues and improve the effectiveness of consultation, where appropriate.
Compensation and Benefits
- Develop local reward and recognition strategies.
- Lead the job evaluation /pay benchmarking process for roles in Uganda.
- Manage compensation, benefits and the pay review process, in line with policy and timelines.
- Partner with Finance on the management of payroll.
- Manage the enrolment of employees onto benefits schemes in Uganda.
- Develop compensation and benefit strategies by benchmarking and raising risks/challenges posed in talent acquisition and retention.
Policies, Processes, Systems and Administration
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current Uganda employment law.
- Ensuring line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Manage people risks through advice and delivery of effective processes and policies
- Update and maintain HR policies, processes and procedures in line with business needs and best practice.
- Maintain up-to-date employee data on recruitment, leave, training, performance management, benefits and payroll.
- Manage immigration related activity.
- Lead design and management of HR systems.
- Manage relevant vendor relationships.
Manage 1 Uganda based HC Regional Coordinator and 2 Office Admin Staff.
- A minimum of 8 years of HR experience in a fast-paced environment. Experience working in East Africa is essential.
- Experience with leading recruitment efforts.
- Strong knowledge of labor laws in Uganda, knowledge of Ugandan employment law is essential.
- Knowledge of HR systems.
- High level of IT literacy, including experience using databases and spreadsheets.
- Project management and change management experience preferred.
- University degree in HR Management or related field. Advanced degree or HR Certification a plus.
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights.
Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most.
By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day.
If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Senior Manager, Human Capital, Uganda through our applicant tracking system via http://bit.ly/2iCeuDD
Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods