Mobisol is a leading German company selling Solar Home Systems (SHS). Founded in 2011, the company is dedicated to deliver a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households without access to reliable energy. Our products combine solar energy with innovative mobile technology and micro-finance. Mobisol has currently installed over 20.000 systems in Tanzania and Rwanda and is scaling up rapidly. We aim to reach hundreds of thousands of households to stimulate economic and social development in East Africa while contributing to global environmental protection.
Mobisol expanded to Rwanda in early 2014 and has since proved that solar home systems are an ideal solution for off-grid electrification. Mobisols’ proprietary solar home system (SHS) can power light bulbs, mobile chargers, radios, televisions, and even refrigerators. It can be paid off in monthly installments as low as $10 per month. Please read more about Mobisol at www.plugintheworld.com
Building on the success story of Mobisol Rwanda Ltd., we seek to recruit one (1) Loan Field Officer.
Position: Loan Field Officer.
Location: Eastern Province
Number of Openings: One ( 01)
Department Customer Finance, National Hub
Level Mid-level professional / Senior
Responsibilities The Loan Field Officer (LFO) is responsible for the two following tasks within his designated geographical area of assigned Market Hubs (MH):
(1) supporting the customer assessment process.
(2) receivables work-out.
Activities The LFO is responsible to carry out the following tasks:
1. Supporting the customer assessment process
• Carry out field visits to analyse existing customers with the aim to gather data for Mobisols’ benchmark database
• In the future: Perform decision making within lines of Mobisols’ segmented approval rights
2. Receivables work-out: Handle customers in late repayment according to Mobisols’ escalation routine. Work-out strategies and designated tasks of the LFO include:
• Carry out phone calls with customers in late repayment
• Carry out field visits and analyse customers in late repayment
• Negotiate resumption of payment
• Carry out repossessions in case customer defaulted
• Establish and maintain relationship with local authorities
Requirements • Preference will be given to candidates who are living in Eastern Province
• Diploma or Bachelors’ degree, preferably in Micro-finance, Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness or other related fields of studies such as Economics, Community Development Studies
• Relevant job experience, preferably as a loan officer or agricultural loan officer with a Micro-finance Institution or SACCO is an asset. High priority will be given to those which have had a high exposure to individual lending methodology
• High level of familiarity with typical income, expenditure and cash flow patterns of rural households and micro enterprises, including those of farmers, livestock farmers, business owners (trade, services, production) and employees
• Strong ability to critically reflect self-reported household financial data
• Good knowledge background in agriculture (crop and soil variety, crop cycles, farming methodologies, crop yield, agricultural value chains and risks, etc.)
• Outstanding communication skills and ability to retrieve sensitive customer information
• High willingness to spend the majority of time traveling within assigned districts to meet customers
• Openness to working in a flexible and creative work environment
• Very good organizational skills, dynamic self-starter and team player
• High level of self-motivation, with an ability to balance multiple tasks while working under tight deadlines with close attention to detail, accuracy and quality at all times
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda. English an asset.
• Computer literacy and proficiency with MS Excel and Word
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit an application letter, resume/CV (ONLY in English), 3 relevant traceable referees with their day time telephone contacts, and copies of degrees to: [email protected] Hard copy applications are NOT accepted.
The Subject of the email should be ‘’Loan Field Officer’’
Deadline: October 9th, 2015 at 5h00 pm Local time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Date at Kigali on September 29th, 2015
Human Resources Officer,
Mobisol Rwanda Ltd