POSITION ANNOUNCMENT: Local Coordinator
Position Title: Local Coordinator
Organization: Winrock International, REACH-T Project
Reports To: Winrock Deputy Director/M&E Senior Advisor
Winrock International is recruiting for the position of Local Coordinator for a four-year, US Department of Labor (USDOL)-funded project, Rwanda Education Alternatives for Children in Tea-growing Areas (REACH-T).
The Local Coordinator will be based in implementation node/field office located in Nyamasheke, and covering REACH-T activities in districts of Nyamasheke, Rusizi, Nyamagabe and Nyaruguru.
Key responsibilities include oversight of the implementation node activities and staff.
The Local Coordinator will support the project by providing technical guidance and overseethe delivery of technical services to REACH-T beneficiaries, monitor project activities to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with work plans and USG regulations at the field/local level. The Local Coordinator will provide management support to Education Mobilizers, M&E assistants and MFS/Awareness officers.
He/she will report to theDeputy Director/M&E Senior Advisor. ,
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as primary contacts for project partners and stakeholders, including local authorities and officials, and foster local ownership and participation in the project.
• Provide leadership and technical support for all local activities, staff and volunteers,and monitor project activities on a daily basis at field level.
• Responsible for implementing project activities at the field in collaboration with field staff and volunteers.
• Collaborate with partners, Community Volunteers (mentors, Community Activists (CAs), communities, and beneficiaries to design, deliver, and monitor quality child and household-focused services.
• Prepare spending projections and work plans for project activities at the field level.
• Lead work planning sessions with project staff for the implementation and monitoring of activities at the field level.
• Produce weekly work plans and budget forecasts that consolidate all REACH-T activities for the week and assign appropriate tasks to REACH-T field staff.
• Draft and submit to F&A Manager procurement plans, needs and budget forecasts for field activities
• Ensure the efficient use of project equipment and assets at field level.
• Ensure that project staffs achieve project deliverables in a timely, efficient manner.
• Provide weekly briefings to the REACH-T Deputy Director/M&E Senior Advisor through a written report on activities, upcoming plans, and challenges.
• Maintain open communication with the REACH-T Kigali office to arrange travel from Kigali to the field.
• Facilitate communication among local partners and stakeholders.
• Work at the district level to develop child labor plans and enforcement mechanisms.
• Design consultations and raise community awareness on child labor among CAs.
• Engage the private sector, local authorities and other partners with the aim of advancing project sustainability.
• Assist with special events, meetings, and conferences planning,
• Perform other project responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, development, social sciences, management, administration or related fields;
• Knowledge of Orphans and Vulnerable Children, including child labor issues
• Prior experience with community engagement/advocacy, awareness-raising, and management of community volunteers
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks
• Strong written and communications skills
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Driving License for Motorbike
• To apply, send a current resume and, copies of degrees & certificates, Motor driving licenseand cover letter to the offices of Winrock International/REACH-T Project, located Gasabo District, Remera Sector, Rukiri I Cell, St599, House 42,Backsideparking of BEAUSEJOURS Hotel.
• The subject of the email should reference “Winrock REACH-T Local Coordinator Application.”
• Applications must be submitted by September 18th,2015 at 12:00am.
• Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted