BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION IN KIGALI
VACANCY NOTICE NO – 02/15 KG
POSITION : Logistics Officer
GRADE : A1 (L)
POSITION TYPE : Permanent
SALARY : Rwf 6,956,487
The British High Commission (BHC) Kigali works to support the UK Government’s foreign policy objectives in Rwanda and has a vacancy for a Logistics Officer A1 (L).
Main purpose of job:
Manage the service and fuelling of the Mission’s vehicles to keep them available for official use. Provide logistical
support across the corporate services team as required. Deputise for the Security and Protocol officer.
Roles and responsibilities:
• You will be Deputy of the Security& Protocol Officer, working with the head of section to ensure customers receive excellent service on any logistics related matters.
• On logistics, you will be responsible for keeping the Mission’s fleet of vehicles serviced, maintained and fuelled while maximising their availability for official use.
• You will be responsible for identifying UK government standards and ensuring they are met by maintaining a schedule of maintenance.
• You will be responsible for ensuring value for money by negotiating with suppliers, and ensuring the associated paperwork is correct and complete, and that you eliminate opportunities for fraud.
• You will manage the store of house hold items and arrange temporary accommodation for new arrivals until they have permanent accommodation.
• On Protocol/logistics, you will procure new and sell old vehicles when necessary.
• You will conduct the registration process for international/diplomatic vehicles with the Rwandan Government. You will import vehicles/freight through diplomatic channels. You will be the Requisitioner/receiver for the procurement process.
• You will also be the first back-up to the Transport Co-ordinator & Receptionist, and will provide surge support across the Corporate Services team as necessary, to ensure the Mission can continue to function
during staff absences.
• Fleet of 10+ vehicles; total fuel bill for Mission.
• Cleaning contract for office and residence.
Key competences required:
• Delivering a Quality Service
• Delivering Value for Money
• Collaborating and Partnering
• Demonstrating Resilience
Logistics Officer A1 (L)
Skills / experience / qualifications required:
Essential on arrival:
• Should have minimum two years experience in Logistics preferably with Embassy or International Non Government Organisation
• Experience of identifying requirements and implementing a plan to meet them.
• Valid Rwanda driving Licence
• Fluent in both English Kinyarwanda
• Knowledge of vehicle maintenance
• Knowledge of Rwandan Diplomatic Protocol in relation to imports
• Knowledge of Budgeting
n 100% Regional medical cover for staff and legal dependents
n 3% contribution to pension
n 25 annual leave days
n Lots of learning & development opportunities
n All applicants must be legally able to work in Rwanda with the correct visa/status or work permit.
n The British High Commission in Kigali is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
n Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Kigali are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Rwanda.
n Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
n Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
n If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
Please read these notes carefully to ensure that your application is received and processed.
All applicants should submit a short (1 page maximum) covering letter stating why they are a suitable candidate for the position along with a copy of their CV (2 page maximum) in English, by email to: [email protected]
Internal candidates should also submit the above with a copy of their appraisals covering the past 24 months.
All candidates should use the following subject line for their email: 21/15 KG PA to the High Commissioner & Residence Manager.
Please submit only the requested documents. Please also ensure that your email including attachments is no larger than 2 megabytes, otherwise it may be rejected by your email system or the systems through which it will pass en route to us.
Logistics Officer A1 (L)
Internal candidates and spouses of UK diplomatic officers: Please quote in the subject line of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 02/15 KG PA to the High Commissioner & Residence Manager, and also indicate that you are an internal candidate or the spouse of a diplomatic officer.
Applications will only be accepted by email.
The closing date is 30th September 2015 and no further applications will be accepted after this date.