Logistics & Security Officer Job
Adeso is a humanitarian and development organization that is changing the way people think about and deliver aid in Africa. We are an NGO in Africa working in a very different way than most. We believe that development must come from within, not outside African communities. That it is Africans themselves who must determine Africa’s future, and that while international aid has provided much-needed support, it often falls short of enabling lasting change at grassroots level. We want to change this, and our strong bonds with African communities mean we are uniquely placed to do so. Our mission is to work at the roots of communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Working alongside African communities to co-create a new story for Africa-a future that is shaped by their values, powered by their own resourcefulness and built on their capabilities.
Logistics & Security Officer Job Requirements
- Graduate degree/diploma in Supply chain management or its equivalent in relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role (NGO field or country head office preferred).
- Knowledge of USAID/OFDA donor regulations will be an added advantage.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and email is a must.
- Technical IT skills, such as networking and problem solving is an advantage.
- Excellent people management skills and good communicator.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to work under high pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Written and spoken English with spoken and Somali a must.
- Must be resident of Mudug, regions of Somalia.
How to Apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to [email protected] , quoting “Logistics and Security Officer” in the email subject matter, by 22nd August, 2017.
Each application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and include the following: An updated CV and An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees. Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer.