Job Title Lubricants Technical & Training Manager
Workplace location NAIROBI(KEN)
Functional discipline Sales
Métier Sales General Responsibilities
Employment type Regular position
Experience level required 3 – 6 years
NP range NP9-
Branch Marketing & Services
Interview location Head Office Nairobi
Total Kenya Limited is part of the global Total Group, which is the fourth largest publicly traded integrated international oil and Gas Company in the world with presence in over 130 countries. In Kenya it has a marketing and distribution network covering the entire country.
Job Description We are seeking to recruit a performance driven professional for the above position:
Responsible for rolling out the training plan & management of the training budget, offering of technical support services to lubes customers, supervision of staff and formulating technical communication materials used to promote existing/ new products.
Responsibilities for the Technical & Training Manager Job
- The incumbent shall be responsible for the following:-
- Offering technical training and support services to customers such as oil analysis programme, carrying out lube surveys and product trials
- Maintaining lubricants quality control standards at the ANAC laboratory & at the lubricants blending plant
- Managing the Product Life Cycle (custodian of formulation, new product introduction, sales analysis sunset of products & pro-active approach to understanding market competitor activities for future product plans)
- Providing guidance and supervision to the Mechanics Supervisor
Addressing all technical issues relating to base oil, product waivers, equipment performance, lubricant surveys and formulations
- Ensuring all oil analysis results in liaison with the lab chemist, are well interpreted for customers and then follows up on action points
- Continuous evaluation of consumables / laboratory equipment status and proposing upgrades in liaison with the chief chemist and lab chemist where necessary
- Initiating lubes training plan. Rolling out and evaluating the training programs for all key customers in liaison with lubes engineers
- Conducting & coordinating testimonials and field tests/ trials at customer/ prospects locations for new / existing products with the aim of acquiring new business or switching customers to new and higher performance products
Qualification Required For the Technical Engineer Job
- The job holder will require the following minimum qualifications:-
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical/ Production/ Chemical Engineering. Post graduate training in Technical/ Business fields preferred
- 4 yrs experience in Lubes business, technical support & training, sales and marketing environment
- Excellent Communication and presentation, analytical, problem solving skills
- Attention to detail & keenness to learn.
How to Apply
Click Here To Apply. Candidates who are interested and meet the above criteria may submit their applications enclosing detailed CV’s and copies of their academic testimonials online on or before 21st November, 2016.