The Accounts Assistant will work in the Finance Unit under the direction of the Finance Officer; he/she will assist in the processing and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner.
Duties for the Accounts Assistant Job
- Maintain the bank and cash books on a daily basis through Paresys and mark “Posted” after update.
- Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts as decided by the Finance Officer
- Ensure proper filling of Journal vouchers and Bank vouchers / mark “Paid” (after payment). Stick clear identification label on each file.
- Analyzes cash flow needs and coordinates with banking personnel to secure additional monies needed.
- Disbursement of cash payments, issuing receipts for payment received, ensuring all relevant supporting documents are attached and correct calculation is done.
- Assist with preparing donor reports and quarterly reports, analyzing and correcting discrepancies.
- Cash withdrawals from the bank and tracking of multi installments cash payments
- Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to LWF World
- Service and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Undertake any other tasks delegated by Finance Officer.
Accounts Assistant Job Requirements
- Degree in Business related discipline from a recognized University.
- CPA part Two.
- 3 years relevant working experience in a busy Finance Office, NGO experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills
- A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels
Planning, Organization skills and Attention to detail.
- Ability to work on pressure and on irregular working hours
- Possession of a Certificate of Good Conduct.
How to Apply
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.”
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current employment. They should reach the undersigned by close of business on 12th May 2017
The Human Resources Officer Lutheran World Federation P.O. Box 48, Kakuma,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.