LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that utilizes research to inform policy reform advocacy and strengthen HIV service delivery.
We optimize our impact on the HIV/AIDS response by building capacity of partners and pay special attention to vulnerable groups and populations with special needs.
LVCT Health’s focus is on the scale-up of quality-assured HIV counseling, testing and care services.
We seek to fill the following vacant position:
Position: Regional Manager
Reporting To: Director of Programmes
Job Purpose: Provide technical and managerial leadership for the organization in Western region in accordance with the organisational vision, mission and strategy.
The incumbent will be responsible for timely delivery of results; ensuring the effective use of organisational resources; building and promoting partnerships with stakeholders at county level; line management and motivation of staff.
This is a senior management position and the job holder will also be a member of the core management team (CMT) in LVCT Health.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic oversight, management and support for the effective implementation of the organisation’s strategy and regional work plans
- Create and maintain external relationships while continuously identifying and ensuring utilization of opportunities for visibility and growth of LVCT Health and its programmes at county and national level
- Undertake resource mobilization to support the organisations strategy
- Responsible for setting goals and objectives, planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation of regional programmes and research
- Prepare and track implementation of annual work plans
- Lead and coordinate the regional team in delivering HIV prevention, HTC, care and treatment and SRH programs and research targeting general population, youth and key populations (MSM, SW)
- Ensuring accountability for financial resources in line with LVCT health’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate narrative and financial reporting to government and donors as per contractual obligations and LVCT management as required.
- Provide leadership in documentation, dissemination and utilization of LVCT Health’s work at the regional level
- Provide liaison support and maintain regular communication and correspondence between the LVCT health and county government
- Responsible for regional level sub-partner support, supervision and oversight with functional relations with divisions in the HQ
- Contribute to formulation and review of organizational policies, systems, structures and priorities
- Provide leadership, continuous mentorship, capacity building, motivation and line supervision for all staff within the region.
- Ensuring all operational and programme outputs and targets are achieved in a timely manner while maintaining quality
- Provide necessary support for efficient day-to-day planning, management, coordination and implementation of activities
Required Skills and Experience
- A Medical doctor with postgraduate training in public health, epidemiology, MBA or MA; A clinician with a PhD in public health or epidemiology
- Over 5 years managerial experience dealing in HIV, SRH programs
- Working experience in the health sector NGO environment
- Experience working with or in partnership with the Ministry of Health
- Good knowledge of county health systems
- Demonstrated understanding of M&E and data management, analysis and utilization
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing programmes
Core Competencies for the Position
- A Strategic proactive thinker, good at identifying opportunities, establishing and maintaining partnerships/relationships
- Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time
- Proven networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills.
- Good computer usage skills
- Excellent team/ people management skills
- Be able to demonstrate LVCT Health’s core values and abide by the organisational standards and code of conduct
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and detailed CV along with contacts of three referees, Salary history and expectations to email@example.com so as to arrive NOT later than August 20, 2015
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer