We optimize our impact on the HIV/AIDS response by building capacity of partners and pay special attention to vulnerable groups and populations with special needs.
LVCT Health’s focus is on the scale-up of quality-assured HIV counseling, testing and care services.
We seek to fill the following vacant position:
Position: Clinical Officer
Reporting To: Care In Charge
Duration: Renewable 2 Years Contract
Clinical Officer Job Purpose in Kenya
- The clinical officer will be a member of the LVCT Health clinical team with the role of providing HIV/AIDS and related treatment services to all patients and clients.
- The clinical officer will ensure that the optimal standard of care is achieved in the LVCT Health HIV clinic and other outreach services to ensure quality in service provision in line with national guidelines, patient satisfaction and good clinical outcomes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Clinical management of clients attending the care and treatment clinic
- Performing medical consultations for OI’s and Antiretroviral therapy (ARVs) for PLWHA and Post exposure prophylaxis for at risk groups
- Providing adherence counseling and PWP to clients attending the clinic
- Ensuring that the optimal standard of care is achieved by establishing and maintaining the use of nationally approved clinical guidelines and protocols and with the help of the care manager, updating your knowledge of HIV/AIDs management using evidence based practice
- History taking and physical examination of clients
- Counsel clients on compliance to treatment
- Implementation of clinical aspects of Positive Health Dignity and Prevention program in the care and treatment clinic
- Ensure Integration of Services within the Prevention Site
- Timely preparation and submission of Clinic Program Progress Reports.
- Documentation of program work
- Take lead in documentation and follow up of clinic clients including TB patients
- Provide regular feedback/updates to care staff and site in charge on work related concerns
- Communication to clients on issues that concern them.
- Continuous mentorship of clinical staff, including nurses and counselors on clinical management of clients
- Ensure participation and contribution to capacity building of clinical and other staff through CMEs, Sensitization and Updates
- Provide information, education and communication to clients and their families in the clinic through support groups, health talks and educational materials like pamphlets
- Support delivery of other clinical duties (e.g. triage, nutrition) when required
- Support in delivery of outreach services including STI diagnosis and treatment for general and at risk populations.
- Up to date record keeping and management of clients’ data
- Support in submission of reports to relevant authorities in a timely manner
Required Skills and Experience for Clinical Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine/Surgery
- A registered member with the clinical officer’s council
- At least three (3) years work experience in a busy Comprehensive Care Clinic or relevant sector
Good understanding of HIV in Kenya environment
- Experience in working with the Government of Kenya guidelines, standards, tools and best practices
Good data management and report writing skills
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Experience in clinical mentorship or support supervision in MOH settings will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and detailed CV along with contacts of three referees, Salary history and expectations to [email protected] so as to arrive NOT later than March 04, 2016 Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted. LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer