LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that utilizes research to inform policy reform advocacy and strengthen HIV service delivery.
We optimize our impact on the HIV/AIDS response by building capacity of partners and pay special attention to vulnerable groups and populations with special needs.
LVCT Health’s focus is on the scale-up of quality – assured HIV counseling, testing and care services.
We seek to fill the following vacant position:
Position: Human Resources and Administration Officer
Reporting To: Human Resources and Administration Manager
Duration: Renewable 2 Years Contract
HR & Admin Officer Job Purpose in Kenya
- The HR & Admin Officer will be responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance management and employee counseling.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting the HR Manager in design, development and delivery of strategic and operational HR services in the organisation
- Assisting in staff recruitment by reviewing job descriptions, drafting advertisements, shortlisting, preparing documentation for interviews, conducting interviews, candidates placement and orientation
- Implementing HR policies, practices and procedures while ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Building capacity of the coordination team to understand and implement HR policies, guidelines and practices
- Carrying out staffing audits, identifying staffing gaps, recruitment, selection and placement of staff
- Working with program managers to address HR, administrative and staffing needs for various projects
- Preparing institutional quarterly HR newsletters
- Performing administrative roles in management of the organisation’s medical insurance and pension scheme while ensuring correct and up to date information is availed to staff
- Maintaining up to date and accurate staff and institutional records in the HRMS software and manual filling system
- Maintaining an up to date database of all full time, contract and short term staff
- Handling employee relations issues, dealing with grievances and implementing agreed on disciplinary procedures
- Support HR Manager in review of performance management guidelines, HR policies and other institutional staff guidelines
- Retaining up to date records of institutional assets and managing their issuance and insurance
- HRMS administration and staff training on usage of self-care modules
- Conducting staff exit interviews and facilitating effective staff clearance, documentation and release from the organisation
- Handling staff welfare matters
- Preparing and presenting regular HR & Administrative reports
- Supervision and mentorship of administrative and hospitality staff
Required Skills and Experience for HR & Admin Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in health Business Management/ Social Sciences or a related field
- A post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of Kenyan labour laws and Statutory returns
- Minimum 4 years work experience in a busy HR office preferably in an NGO
- Computer literacy and ability to use a recognised Human Resource Information System
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Human Resource information
- Experience in general office Administration
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter, highly organised with ability to organize work of self and others effectively
- Methodical and pays attention to details
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and detailed CV along with contacts of three referees, Salary history and expectations to [email protected] so as to arrive NOT later than March 04, 2016 Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.