Living Water is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, sanitation and health education to communities across Kenya.
Living Water Service Centre seeks to recruit for the following position:
The position will be based in Kisumu
- Conduct initial village surveys within the targeted areas.
- Document training plan, develop a field report of training interventions and update WASH specialist in a timely manner.
- Identify and train communities and school in targeted population to ensure the successful implementation of hygiene and sanitation programs.
- Ensure records, reports and logs of training undertaken are up to date and submitted to WASH specialist
- Ensure that local communities are closely involved in project implementation.
- Responsible liaison with local partners, communities and other stakeholders, closely work with public health sector in advocacy and awareness creation for safe hygiene and sanitation practices
- Report on the effect of hygiene promotion and identify problems related to the trainings undertaken in targeted communities and schools.
- Promote group participatory meeting to strengthen hygiene promotion in targeted areas.
- Ensure lesson learning are integrated into program planning
- Promote CLTS/PHAST approach in targeted population.
- Attend relevant training &stakeholders meeting.
- Ensure accurate filling of project documents.
- Compile progress report, technical report and any financial expenditure report on the projects
- Minimum first degree in Environmental health science (Public health), Community health Development, or sociology.
- Good knowledge of computer application word, PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheet.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well a part of a team.
- Experience in the subject area through academic work or previous internship program would be an advantage.
- Intern should have a good knowledge of English, Kiswahili (reading, writing and speaking)
- Additional knowledge of other languages would be an added advantage
How to Apply