Living Water Service Centre, an affiliate of Living Water International in Kenya, is a Christian development agency, which exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping Kenyan communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and to experience “water for life in Jesus’ name” – the gospel of Jesus Christ – which alone satisfies the deepest thirst.
Living Water is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, sanitation and health education to communities across Kenya.
Living Water Service Centre seeks to recruit for the following position:
Hygiene and Sanitation Intern
- Conduct initial village surveys within the targeted areas.
- Document training plan, develop a field report of training interventions and update WASH specialist in a timely manner.
- Identify and train communities and school in targeted population to ensure the successful implementation of hygiene and sanitation programs.
- Ensure records, reports and logs of training undertaken are up to date and submitted to WASH specialist
- Ensure that local communities are closely involved in project implementation.
- Responsible liaison with local partners, communities and other stakeholders, closely work with public health sector in advocacy and awareness creation for safe hygiene and sanitation practices
- Report on the effect of hygiene promotion and identify problems related to the trainings undertaken in targeted communities and schools.
- Promote group participatory meeting to strengthen hygiene promotion in targeted areas.
- Ensure lesson learning are integrated into program planning
- Promote CLTS/PHAST approach in targeted population.
- Attend relevant training &stakeholders meeting.
- Ensure accurate filling of project documents.
- Compile progress report, technical report and any financial expenditure report on the projects
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Minimum first degree in Environmental health science (Public health), Community health Development, or sociology.
- Good knowledge of computer application word, PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheet.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well a part of a team.
- Experience in the subject area through academic work or previous internship program would be an advantage.
- Intern should have a good knowledge of English, Kiswahili (reading, writing and speaking)
- Additional knowledge of other languages would be an added advantage
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (one page only) explaining their suitability and a CV with details of qualifications and work experience including 3 traceable references – professional, spiritual and general.All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks. LWI is an equal opportunity employer. Applications to be submitted via the following email address: [email protected] Please do not attach scanned certificates. Closing date for applications is 13th May 2016. Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.