Vacancy: M-Health Lab Field Coordinator
About the M-health Lab: The Lab is our think-and-do tank. A space to micro-simulate projects, extract data, evaluate projects and conduct surveys.
Simply, this is where we test systems and behaviors that cannot be implemented without being examined in detail. As an example we have trained both clinics and beneficiaries on the use of mobile payment solutions.
In addition, we have conducted extensive surveys on user experiences using mobile payment systems for health in many different settings, we have carried out surveys on the effects on donor incentives on health care access and health insurance.
The Lab designs tests, trains participants and conducts quantitative and qualitative data collection. Currently we have around 20 different tests ideas for a number of different partners.
In order to -together with the team- carry out all these tests in well organized and planned manner and meet different competing deadlines, we are currently looking for two individuals to fill the Lab Field coordinator positions.
For more information on Dodore Kenya Ltd: www.dodore.co.ke
M-Health Lab Field Coordinator Job Purpose: Reporting to the M-Health Lab Team Leader, Lab Field Coordinators be responsible for the formulation and implementation of Lab Tests.
M-Health Lab Field Coordinator Job Duties:
- Participate in the drafting of concepts for new test models.
- Participate in the development of new methodologies to improve quality and productivity of program and test deliverables.
- Work with management in determining research budgets and schedules.
- Support with the development of research and data-collection instruments.
Quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Support with the writing of reports and other documents to the client.
- Undertake all necessary logistics surrounding the enrolment and participation of clinics in Lab tests.
- Training of clinics, Chama members and colleagues on the M-health Lab tests, Lipa Na Mpesa and other present and future payment systems.
- Receive, resolve and/or revert complaints from the clinics concerning the systems or other to the appropriate channels (i.e. Safaricom or other partners).
- Pro-actively detect problems and opportunities and find solutions to different issues related to the M-health lab projects and maintain documentation for reference purposes. In addition track test progress and correct any deviations and delays.
- Recruitment and training of casual employees to assist in implementation of M-health lab projects.
- Ensuring that promotional materials are printed e.g. T-shirts and posters.
- Make logistic arrangements in carrying out of internal and external Lab meetings.
- Receiving and showing around of visitors to the office and to the clinics.
- Assist in other tasks that may be assigned by the M-Health Lab Manager or Team Leader.
- Responsible for the full implementation from a test from concept to evaluation.
- Supporting in the organization and carrying out of internal Dodore meetings and/or trainings.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management from time to time which are to benefit of a successful completion of the M-health lab tests and other projects or programmes carried out by Dodore.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in social sciences or business management from a recognized institution.
- 3 Years’ experience of conducting research and working with field teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with communities including excellent interpersonal relations; community mobilization skills; and sensitivity to the social-cultural practices of the beneficiary communities.
- Proficient user of SPSS and Excel for advanced statistics.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Proactive attitude and ability to think out of the box
Starting Salary: The Lab Coordinator will be paid a gross monthly salary of between Ksh. 55,000 – 65,000, depending on experience and skills.
This will be subject to statutory deductions as stipulated under the Kenyan Labour Laws.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this job strictly send your cover letter and CV as one file to [email protected] i.e. convert both cover letter and CV to PDF and merge to one PDF file.
The detailed CV should have referees who can be contacted to attest on the applicant’s suitability for the position.
Only complete applications from candidates that meet the requirements mentioned above will be considered Deadline for Applications: Friday 28th of August 2015