M-KOPA is seeking:
Position Title: Telesales Team Representatives
Location: Nairobi HQ
Position Start: ASAP
Contract: An initial 6 month contract leading to a full term employment depending on individual performance.
About M-KOPA Solar: M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers.
Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day.
The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan.
Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting.
After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments.
This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company’s proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPAnet.
As of May 2015 M-KOPA employs over 650 full time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of 1,000 direct sales agents. It has also commenced licensing its technology to partners in other markets.
M-KOPA has been recognized for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
Telesales Team Representatives Responsibilities
• Telesales of M-KOPA Product portfolio
• Excellent communication and representation of M-KOPA company values
• Achieve and Surpass sales targets
• Handling customer queries and escalating to Customer Care team
• Excellent and diligent record keeping
• MUST be a driven individual who works to achieve and surpass targets
• Is an excellent communicator and sales person
• MUST be computer literate and exposed to Microsoft Office (Email, Word and Excel)
• Passionate about Sales and Customer Care
• Experience working with MSOffice
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili
• Able to work well under pressure and under minimum supervision
• An excellent communicator
• A team player
• Must be time flexible and able to work in a shift clock system including Public holidays and Weekends
• Exposure to Customer Care, Dealer Care or Call Centre experience and CRM systems is a plus
Remuneration: Ksh 20,000 Gross + Commissions (On a per sale Basis) plus medical benefits after the 6 month period.
How to Apply
To apply, send an updated detailed copy of your CV and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to [email protected] with the subject EV-TELESALES-2040.
Deadline for applications is 3pm on Friday 9th September, 2015.
Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview.
Therefore, if you have not heard from M-KOPA within 4 weeks of the date of the deadline your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
This measure has been taken in the interests of efficiency and cost effectiveness and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.