Senior Procurement Officer Job at Maasai Mara University
REF: MMU/AD/08/2017 – GRADE 13
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above vacancies in Administration Division. For appointment to this position, an applicant must:
Senior Procurement Officer Job Requirements
- Possess a Masters Degree in the following disciplines; Business Administration Economics Commerce (Procurement/supplies Management Option) or its equivalent from a recognized University. (ii) Have working experience of six (6) years.
- Have served in the grade of Deputy/Procurement/Supplies Officer or comparable and relevant position for at least three (3) years.
- Be a registered member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Have attended Management Course(s) lasting at least four (4) weeks.
- Have shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Must be computer literate.
Duties for the Senior Procurement Officer Job
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning), the Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for the overall functioning of the procurement Department in the University following duties and responsibilities;
- Supervision of procurement personnel.
- Planning and coordination of procurement.
- Implementation and enforcement of University procurement regulations and procedures.
- Preparation of Annual Plans and Budget.
- Control of supplies vote, verification and disposal of unserviceable stores.
- Responsible for staff training and development in the department. Any other duties relevant to the profession as may be assigned from time to time. Salary Scales
1. Senior Procurement Officer– Grade 13 Ksh. 92,957×2678-98,318×3337-108,323x 3692-123,092/= pa. House Allowance – Ksh. 58,972/= pm.
2. Senior Legal Officer – Grade 13 Ksh. 92,957×2678-98,318×3337-108,323x 3692-123,092/= pa. House Allowance – Ksh. 58,972/= pm.
3. Medical Officer– Grade 12 Ksh. 82,245×2678-98,313×3337-108,323/= pa. House Allowance – Ksh. 55,286/= pm.
How to Apply
Application Mode Applicants should send ten (10) hard copies of their applications including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum Vitae, including among others details your current position, current remuneration, letters and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 including; certificate of Good Conduct, Clearance Certificate from KRA, Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau. Your application must be received not later than 27th June, 2017 at 5.00p.m and addressed to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning)
Maasai Mara University
P.O. Box 861 – 20500 NAROK.
Maasai Mara University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality and therefore encourages persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply