Republic of Kenya:Government of Makueni County
Makueni County Public Service Board
Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Public Service, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 45, 50 and 51 of the County Governments Act 2012.
County Chief Officer – Finance and Planning
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Chief Officer will be the accounting and authorized officer for the Department. The Officer, reporting to the County Executive Committee Member, will be responsible for the following:
- General administration and coordination of the Department.
- Initiation, development and implementation of policies and sector plans.
- Development and implementation of Departmental strategic plans.
- Promotion of National values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Overseeing implementation and monitoring of performance management systems.
- Overseeing management of finances, preparation of budget estimates, annual work plans and programmes.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Governor, Deputy Governor or the Executive Committee Member from time to time.
Requirements for appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of at least a first degree in B. Com, Business Management, Business Administration or any other relevant degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
- A master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than ten (10) years in a senior position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the County Development objectives and Vision 2030.
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
- Be computer literate
- Be conversant with Tax management /legislation.
- Must be a member of ICPAK.
- Must be conversant with computerized Accounting packages.
- Those with IFRS knowledge will have an added advantage.
Basic salary: KShs 120,270 – 180,660 p.m.
House allowance: KShs, 52,000 p.m.
Other allowances: KShs 20,000 p.m.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in sealed envelope clearly indicating the position applied for on the ENVELOPE and addressed to:
The Secretary Makueni County Public Service Board P.O. Box 49 – 90300 Makueni
(i) All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
Copies of the above clearance certificates must be attached to the applications.
(ii) The application should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before 14th October, 2015.
(iii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iv) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(v) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(vi) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
(vii) The salary and benefits attached to each post are as advised by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.