The Community Development & Civic Education Officers in this position will report to their respective Sub –County Civic Education Coordinators.
1 Year Contract
Education Officers Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and Coordination of Community Development and Civic Education activities in the ward.
- Participating in Public Participation events.
- Carrying out Civic and Community Education activities.
- Training and Creating awareness on Socio-Legal, governance and Public Participation issues.
- Advising the government on Community development priorities and needs.
- Mobilizing citizens to participate in development.
- Articulate County Government policies.
- Monitoring, Evaluating and Reporting on Community Development, Civic Education and Public Participation programs in the ward.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Chief Officer and the Supervisor.
Minimum Requirements for the Education Officers Job
- Diploma in Community Development.
- Experience in Social work.
- Experience in Community Mobilization.
- Team Player.
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed below should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
The Secretary/CEO, Makueni County Public Service Board, P.O. Box 49 – 90300, MAKUENI
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute.
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before Friday, 13th January, 2017.
NOTE: (i) All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions; The Criminal Investigation Department (CID). The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB). The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA). The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC). (ii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. (iii) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview. (iv) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply. (v) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.