Public Health Officers Jobs at Makueni County, Kenya
Republic Of Kenya
Government Of Makueni County
Makueni County Public Service Board
Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Public Service, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 45, 50 and 51 of the County Governments Act 2012.
Public Health Officers: MCPSB 12 (2 Posts)
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Salary scale: Job Group H
Public Health Officer Job Duties and responsibilities:-
- Identifying environmental health issues at community level
- Maintaining up to date records of services rendered
- Implementing vector ,vermin and rodent control measures
- Implementing integrated mosquito control strategies
- Issuing of intimation and statutory notices
- Inspecting springs and wells to ensure that they are properly maintained,
- Ensuring safe sources of drinking water
- Overseeing construction of sanitary facilities in schools, trading centres and commercial premises
- Collecting water and food samples for bacteriological and chemical analysis
- Carrying out immunizations
- Initiating and implementing community based health care programmes
- Implementing integrated mosquito control and other public health strategies and following up on proper collection and disposal of solid waste
Requirements for appointment for Public Health Officer Kenyan Jobs
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Degree/Diploma in environmental health science or public health inspection from a recognized institution
- Be a member of Association of Public Health officers (Kenya)
- Certificate in computer applications
- Those with relevant experience will have an added advantage
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in sealed envelope clearly indicating the position applied for on the ENVELOPE and addressed to: The Secretary/CEO Makueni County Public Service Board P.O. Box 49 – 90300 MAKUENI Note All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
The Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview. The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply. Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied. The deadline for application is 21st August 2015