Laboratory Technologist Jobs in Makueni County
Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Public Service, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 45, 50 and 51 of the County Governments Act 2012.
Terms of Service: One (1) year Contract
Salary: KShs. 30,000/=
Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technologist Job
- Cleaning and sterilizing laboratory glass ware, surfaces and equipment;
- Documenting and receiving samples for analysis;
- Preparing laboratory reagents; carrying out chemical/microbiological analysis on samples (food, water, waste waters and beverages);
- Extracting, isolating and identifying drugs, pesticides and heavy metals from biological and miscellaneous samples;
- Disposing laboratory waste
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Requirements for the Laboratory Technologist Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Be a registered member of KMLTTB
- Certificate in computer applications skills
- Possess a valid practice license from KMLTTB
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
How To Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Thursday, 18th May, 2017.
All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and AntiCorruption Commission (EACC).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply. Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.