M&E Officer Career At Makueni County, Kenya
Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Public Service, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 45, 50 and 51 of the County Governments Act 2012.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officers MCPSB/03: (3 Posts) – Job Group H
M&E Officer Job Responsibilities
The Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate Monitoring and evaluation of projects and provide oversight during project implementation i.e.
- Quantity and quality of the implemented activities
- Processes inherent to a project or programme
- Processes external to an intervention
- Review service delivery for the benefit of the people of Makueni County
- Monitor and track progress of planned activities (as cascaded from V2030, CIDP, SP, Departmental work plans)
- Promote learning and decision making through documented reports.
- Monitor and document stakeholder’s perspectives through interactive feedback
- Ensure accountability through accurate and timely reporting
- Conduct evaluation of existing projects.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Exercising any functions and powers delegated by the CPSB
Requirements For M&E Officer Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Diploma in M&E, Development studies or Project management
- Minimum of one (1) years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated excellent English language writing skills
- Experience in leading business development efforts, including identification and tracking of opportunities, managing, coordinating and providing input into technical and cost proposal responses.
- Strong strategic analysis, organizational skills, detail orientation, and timeliness of performance.
- Experience of effectively managing program budgets of varying size and complexity.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
- Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed below should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
- The Secretary/CEO Makueni County Public Service Board P.O. Box 49 – 90300 MAKUENI
- Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute.
- All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before 24th June, 2016.
- All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;·
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
- The salary and benefits attached to each post are as advised by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.