Supply Chain Management Officer Job At Makueni County, Kenya
Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Public Service, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 45, 50 and 51 of the County Governments Act 2012.
Supply Chain Management Officer MCPSB/04: (2 Posts) – Job Group K
Supply Chain Management Officer Job Responsibilities
- Assisting in procurement planning.
- Updating the county asset inventory register
- Ensuring that the store is in good condition and is secure to guard against waste and damages.
- Inventory and stock control operations
- Supervising receipt, issue and inspection of goods and services in consultation with user department to confirm that they conform to requirements as specified in contracts or orders.
- Compliance with Public Procurement & Disposal Act 2005and Regulations 2006
- Any other duties as may be delegated from time to time by the supervisor
Requirements For Supply Chain Management Officer Job
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: – Procurement and Supplies Management, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, from a recognized Institution.
- At least one (1) year working experience in procurement and supplies chain management.
- Must be computer literate
- Be registered with Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or any other recognized international professional body
How to Apply
- Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed below should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
- The Secretary/CEO Makueni County Public Service Board P.O. Box 49 – 90300 MAKUENI
- Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute.
- All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before 24th June, 2016.
- All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;·
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
- The salary and benefits attached to each post are as advised by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.