- Assistant Accountants
- Warehouse Assistants
- Stores Assistants
- Prepare timely and accurate financial budgets and forecasts by consolidating individual departmental budgets.
- Consolidate cost and revenues and extract management information for decision making.
- Analyze the business’ financial and general operating information to identify trends and opportunities for development
- Analyze budget and other financial variances (such as product margins) and advise Group Finance Manager accordingly.
- Provide financial information to senior management, including budget reports and performance of Cost Centers.
- Review investment proposals to determine their viability
- Assess the impact of changes in pricing, sales volume and costs that affect profitability on monthly basis.
- Evaluate non-financial indicators, such as stock turnover, quick ratio, debtor’s ratios, cash ratios, profitability ratios, etc and report on their effect on businesses performance or profitability.
- Oversee the stock take exercise (including spares) and ensure accurate stock records (length and weight) at all times. Investigate and promptly report on any variance
- Issue monthly and yearly stock take instructions.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Assets register and ensuring that the fixed assets file is up to date with relevant and accurate supporting documentation according to laid down procedure. Ensure that Fixed Assets register tallies with general ledger balances at all times. Ensure that Fixed Assets are counted once every year and reconciled with Fixed Assets register.
- Ensure that all costing (including Raw Materials, WIP, Finished goods, spares and Drum production) are done and captured accurately. Ensure accuracy of monthly weighted average costs.
- Conduct financial analysis as required.
- Monitor performance of cost centers and advise the Group Finance Manager accordingly.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager in maintaining desired working capital levels
- Participate in planning and supervising systems used to record income, spending and cash flows
- Prepare forecasts and projected future cash flows for the business
- Monitor costs such as scrap, wages, overtime, materials, equipment maintenance, marketing and all other costs.
- Identify areas of the business where inefficiencies may occur and advise the Group Finance Manager accordingly.
- Prepare monthly management reports within the set deadline.
- Ensure proper computation of VAT, IDF and any duty on imported raw materials, spares, finished goods among other imports.
- Analyze and ensure accuracy of Sales, Cost of Sales, Cost of Production, Cost of Finished Goods, Cost of Scrap and other Costs of Sales components and report any significant finding to Group Finance Manager. Any abnormal deviations from norm must be reported to the Group Finance Manager.
- Authorize goods returned notes in accordance with laid down procedure before credit notes are issued to confirm validity and reasons of return.
- Raise capital expenditure forms for approval to acquire fixed assets as per procedure.
- Authorize requisitions and Local Purchase Orders in the absence of Group Finance Manager.
- Train and propose training programs for all staff under your supervision and ensure they are well skilled to provide high level services to the Company.
- Review monthly and ensure adequate insurance covers for all stocks (including goods in transit), public product liability, fire and perils, con loss (fire & perils), all risks, all fixed assets and Plant breakdown compensation covers. Consult with the insurance brokers to ensure that the policies are adequate and sufficient. Report to the Group Finance Manager on any short fall or omissions immediately. Ensure all assets in the register are adequately insured.
- Initiate letters of credit, TT payments and negotiate competitive forex rates and payment commissions with banks on all stocks and fixed assets related payments.
- Evaluate and advice on the Company’s Break-even scenarios on monthly basis.
- Monitor sales performance in terms of value, margins, length (Km) and volume (Kgs) of fast moving products on a monthly and cumulative basis, compare with prior year, budget and report on variance. Compute and advise management of which copper products account for 70% of the product category turnover at any given period. This should also be done for gross copper turnover.
- Conduct or course a staff to conduct surprise checks on loaded delivery vehicles to ensure that physical goods tally with sales documentation. This should be done at least once a week.
- Ensure that processes needed for the Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2000) are established, implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that control procedures set are strictly adhered to at all times. Report any deviation to the Group Finance Manager immediately.
- Review set control procedures for continued suitability and recommend any changes to the Group Finance Manager.
Education / qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in a business related field
Professional Qualifications: CPA (K) or ACCA qualifications
Experience: At least five years experience two of which should be at supervisory level
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and
- Applications such as MS Office Excel and Word
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadline
- Honest and possessing a high level of integrity
How to Apply