Management & Cost Accountant jobs in Technical Services industry, Kenya
Title: Management & Cost Accountant
Industry: Technical Services
Reporting to: CFO
Salary: 120 – 150K
Our client is a leading company in the technical field with over 40 years experience and has interests in the energy sector and industrial machines and more recently has ventured into the energy sector with the introduction of power systems.
They seek to hire a experienced individual who will be responsible for developing and analysing key financial information to ensure that management makes well-informed decisions for future stability, growth and profitability.
- To produce timely and reliable management information reports weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Serve as contact for day-to-day management of operational activities for the various commercial teams.
- Provide a smooth linkage between procurement and commercial teams as regards to timeliness in ordering, logistics, delivery to customers and project closure/ extension tracking.
- Assist in negotiating supplier terms and agree payment plans where necessary. Regularly review all commercial terms with the Buying Teams and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Support Commercial team in relevant tender costings and documents preparation.
- To develop and control a centralised accounting system to ensure that accounts are effectively managed.
- To investigate variances against commercial Team budgets and provide analysis of differences
- Pro-active performance tracking and flagging shortfalls of Commercial Team and Tracking Strategy Implementation
- Tracking and communicating commercial team operational achievements i.e.
- Operational KPI’s, Operational successes,
- Daily/ weekly/ monthly performance vs plan,
- Revenue drivers detailed understanding and review,
- Costs Understanding, Benchmarking, tracking and continuously eyeballing
- Fixed costs allocation to get true profitability and allocation of implied costs for internal review of sustainability
- Variable costs understanding
- Market Data analysis, Compile and collate market and competitor data, Market share, Demand, Competitive advantages, Pricing
- Process Improvement. Support Management on improving performance/workflow through:
- Identify and quantify/ flag bottlenecks
- Analysis of different scenarios to improve operations
- Quantify potential gains on improvements
- Developing standard process
- Automating reporting structures
- Leading projects
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and cashflow forecasts.
- Hold regular meetings with management to discuss the budgetary position and agree action plans where required.
- Timely preparation and signoff of Quarterly Company Price List
- Assist in establishing and maintaining costing models for the company
Desired Qualifications & Personal Attributes
- CPA Part 3 Finalist.
- B.Com Hons. (Accounting) or B. Admin Hons (Accounting).
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role, or demonstrable experience of working in management accounting or financial management.
- MS office applications
- Exposure to Accounting Applications and ERPs
- Ability to remain impartial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to acquire sufficient technical knowledge to understand the company’s business and products.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Management & Cost Accountant) [email protected] before Thursday 24th March 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.