Job Summary: Management Information Systems (MIS) Manager
Organisation: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) was established by statutory mandate in 1991. UCDA’s Vision is to have “A sustainable coffee industry with high stakeholder value for social economic transformation.” UCDA’s mission is “To facilitate increase in quality coffee production, productivity, and consumption.”
Job Summary: The Management Information Systems (MIS) Manager will provide technical guidance in the planning and management of all information systems, technology, system security and database integrity for a fully integrated information services function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will develop and actively monitor the implementation of ICT policies and strategies that support the implementation of UCDA’s Corporate Plan.
• Plan and manage the development, installation, and support of shared information systems and network support services across UCDA.
• Plan and budget for all UCDA’s ICT Infrastructure requirements, procurement of ICT related equipment, and supervise their installation and maintenance.
• Regularly review the existing MIS, and formulate new and revised systems, and determine appropriate changes to effect improvements, reduce costs, and enhance efficiency.
• Offer technical expertise in the planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of a database management system, in order to optimize performance and interactivity.
• Develop, document, implement, test and review the Disaster Recovery Plan to ensure business continuity.
• The incumbent will also oversee the design, development and maintenance of UCDA’s website, monitor and control all social media platforms, and also support stakeholders by running a help desk.
• Provide team leadership by building and maintaining a high performance and motivated IT team.
• Build IT capacity within UCDA through training and awareness programs.
• Work closely with other IT regulatory bodies like NITA-Uganda, Ministry of ICT, and other IT professional organizations on any ICT related matters to ensure compliance.
• Carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Master’s Degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering from a recognized University / Institution;
• Possession of an Honors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering from a recognized University/Institution;
• Membership of or accreditation to an internationally recognized professional body in ICT will be added advantage;
• A minimum of five years’ working experience in designing and implementing MIS / ICT systems, three (3) years of which should have been at a management level in a reputable organization.
• Skills in database planning and management, System installation and management, Network design, management and security;
• Good team ethic
• Excellent communication skills
• Working knowledge of current technological developments/trends.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) traceable referees and certified copies of academic certificates addressed to:
The Board Secretary / Director Corporate Services,
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA),
Coffee House, Plot 35, Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 7267, Kampala. Uganda.
Email to: [email protected]
NB: The interested applicants must also submit with their applications verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 5th October 2015 by 17.00 Hours