ICT Manager Job at Management University of Africa
The ICT Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the ICT Department, and providing strategic leadership.
This will involve overseeing installation of all hardware and software systems, ensuring back-up systems operate effectively, purchasing hardware and software, providing the ICT technology infrastructures for the University and contributing to organizational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning.
Roles for the ICT Manager Job
- Establishes/maintains relationship with internal technology teams and external technology vendors
- Identifies opportunities for operational efficiency
- Facilitates Service Level Agreement (SLA) negotiations for internal and/or external technology deliveries
- Directs Projects towards desired technology strategies
- Develop long-range technology strategies
- Initial Business Case/Needs Analysis outlines
- Provides initial project estimates for cost-benefit analysis
- Defines/Develops Functional Specifications
- Overall solution/implementation delivery for projects aligned to their business area
- Project issue resolution
- Participates in technology aspects of the business-sponsored RFIs/RFPs
- Evaluates project objectives
- Project prioritization
- New business initiative analysis
- Gains understanding of business strategies
- Gathers information on competitor technology
- Stays abreast of industry trends in the business and technology
ICT Manager Job Requirements
- MSc in Computer Science, Information Systems or related Technology
- Have ten (10) years’ experience in management of ICT infrastructure, five (5) of which must be in senior management, preferably at University.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows (7 and 8), Microsoft Office & Outlook, Microsoft Server, wireless technology and databases
- Knowledge of IT hardware and network communications equipment
- Experience of hardware and software installation
- Experience of budget management, OLAs and SLAs
- Experience of managing a complex and evolving IT environment in an educational setting
- Experience of Project Management and implementation
- Experience of system maintenance and disaster recovery
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 Foundation
- Certificate in IT Service Management
- MCTS – Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- CompTIA A+ and Network+
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
How to Apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 12th June 2017. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P.O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI
Email: [email protected]