Internal Auditor Job at Management University of Africa
The jobholder is responsible for planning, executing and completing assignments according to established Audit Plan and schedule.
He/she shall recommend appropriate internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and the preparation of audit reports as well as documenting controls.
Duties for the Internal Auditor Job
- Manage the Internal Audit Plan through formulation and execution of effective audit programs to help provide assurance to compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Institute policies and procedures.
- Cary out risks assessments and evaluate adequacy of internal controls prior to the execution of an audit program.
- Carry out compliance audits of financial and accounting systems with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Ensure there is a proper system of documentation of audit test work and working papers in line with established international standards.
- Review the Institute wide utilization of resources and provide assurance on their optimal use
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve the institute’s operations
- Follow up of findings and recommendations agreed on during the internal and external audits to ensure their implementation
- Conduct investigations and special projects where applicable
- Any other duties as assigned.
Internal Auditor Job Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting. A master’s degree is an added advantage
- CPA (k) or ACCA CFA
- Certification as a CIA, CISA or any other related professional certification.
- 6 years of full-time experience in auditing and accounting.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 12th June 2017. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P.O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI
Email: [email protected]