Maintain security of people and property in the University, enforce security rules and regulations and provide effective linkage between management,   guards and the staff.
Roles for the Security Officer Job
- Verify presence and activities of scheduled security guards at assigned areas, identify and alert substitute personnel to assume unoccupied guard assignments.
- Set up work assignments and schedules of assigned security guards.
- Supervise guards’ performance, attendance and document for use in evaluations.
- Appraise position documentation such as standard operating procedures, directives, actions and guard tour reports.
- Give direction and guidance to guards as required to achieve set goals.
- Set performance standards, communicate and enforce them.
- Identify training needs and conduct training where possible.
- Take charge of security discipline and manage security grievances.
- Investigating irregularities and provide feedback.
- Patrol and inspect MUA buildings, grounds and other areas as needed to ensure protection from intruders, theft, vandalism, fire and other hazards.
- Give quality periodic reports to Management regarding security activities and security irregularities if any such as accidents fires, thefts, and other incidents and identify needed action.
- Assume on-call obligation as assigned responding to security requirements, alarms and reporting to duty as required.
- Chair of health and safety Committee.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Security Officer Job Qualifications
- Relevant security management training.
- Training in criminal investigations, first aid and firefighting.
- A degree or diploma in security management with a minimum of five years’ experience.
- Aged between 30-45 years.
- Ability to construct and write clear, concise accurate, and detailed reports
- Medically and physically fit with a valid Certificate of Good conduct from the Kenya Police.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 12th June 2017. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR The Management University of Africa P.O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI Email: [email protected]