Manufacturing Statistics Manager Job at Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
KNBS: Level 4
No. of Posts: 1
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following position:-
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Manufacturing Statistics, the job holder will be responsible for Compilation of Manufacturing, Statistics.
Roles for the Manufacturing Statistics Manager Job
- Designing questionnaires, manuals and developing explanatory notes;
- Managing collection, validation, analysis and dissemination of manufacturing statistics;
- Report writing, tabulating, co-authoring and editing of publications including the Economic Survey and the
- Statistical Abstract for the manufacturing sector;
- Monitoring changes in the manufacturing sector;
- Compiling quarterly and annual Index of Industrial Production (IIP);
- Ensuring adherence to best practices on Standards and Measurements in manufacturing statistics;
- Preparing proposals, concept papers. timelines and training materials for Census of Industrial Production (CIP) and Survey of Industrial Production (SIP);
- Compiling of macroeconomic data summaries from CIP and SIP;
- Preparing of SIP and CIP statistical reports;
- Maintaining the SIP and CIP databases;
- Disseminating of PPI (Monthly, Quarterly);
- Preparing input on PPI for the Economic Survey Report;
- Attending to data requests.
Manufacturing Statistics Manager Job Requirements
- A Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- At least six (6) years progressive track record in statistical work in a key Public or Private Sector Institution, three (3) of which must have been in the position of Assistant Manager or equivalent;
- Skills in statistical data analysis using the various statistical soft wares;
- Experience in planning, coordination and supervision of statistical activities and programmes undertaken within a research or statistical institution;
- Knowledge in field operations;
- Be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit a copy of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is available on the KNBS website www.knbs.or.ke accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
P. O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102
Applications must be received not later than 4th July, 2017 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN, THE MARGINALISED AND MINORITY GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY