‘’Make a difference to thousands in the land of a thousand hills’’
Vision Finance Company Ltd (VFC), is Rwanda’s largest microfinance Institution that will soon transform into Rwanda’s leading microfinance Bank. VFC is committed to the development of Rwanda through providing affordable financial services (savings and loans) to the less privileged throughout its locations across Rwanda.
VFC is the institution where you can develop your expertise working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused high performance environment. If you are looking for interesting but challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, then VFC has the will to make it so.
Position: Operations Manager (1)
Purpose of Position:
Plans and supervises the performance of the branches.
Education level (Optional)
10 years experience in Microfinance and Banking Operations
Special / Personal Abilities
• Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
• Capability and willingness to take responsibility.
• Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
• Be proficient in Microsoft office applications
• Extensive experience in banking Operations
• Good knowledge in economic and financial topics
• Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
• Very good communication and marketing skills
• A mature, committed Christian
• Make sure there is a sound extension, monitoring and documentation of branch operations;
• Maintain efficiency of branch operations;
• Maintain a quality loan portfolio of VFC
• Increase the deposit & credit level of the branches
• Maintain an overall quality control of the institution’s products, systems and services
*JD shall be provide upon request.
2. Assistant Database Administrator (1)
Directly reporting to: Senior Database Administrator
VFC needs to recruit an experienced and qualified Assistant Database Administrator capable to manage and optimize VFC applications databases.
The expected Assistant database administrator (DBA) will be responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance, and security of databases in VFC. He will also be involved in the planning and development of the database as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
Detailed roles and responsibilities.
The preferred candidate will perform following roles and responsibilities:
• controlling and monitoring user access to the database;
• enrolling users and maintaining system security;
• backing up and restoring databases;
• monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
• Ensure systems and reporting structures provide appropriate portfolio and impact information and performance outputs to all levels of management;
• Investigate and analyze system imbalance and advise on the corrective action;
• Provides technical support to branches and or various departments under the supervision of Senior Database Administrator;
• Apply licenses to banking systems when new licenses are acquired;
• mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database;
• considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
• allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system;
• installing and testing new versions of the DBMS;
• maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection;
• writing database documentation, including data standards and procedures;
• controlling access permissions and privileges;
• ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
• working closely with VFC IT team to ensure good collaboration;
• communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
• commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose;
• work Closely with the Core Banking Vendor and consultants for new application integrity;
• performs end financial activities (EOD, EOM and EOY) regularly;
• documenting and communicating database logs and errors to the Vendor;
• generating various reports by querying from database as per need;
• performing assigned system administration related tasks;
• Managing and Monitoring Disaster Recovery replication;
• Other tasks assigned by his hierarchical supervisors.
• Knowledge of database theoretical concepts and design;
• Knowledge about the RDBMS systems especially Oracle Database;
• Knowledge of system reports design and development using crystal reports;
• Knowledge of structured query language (SQL) and Java programming;
• Knowledge of Oracle stored procedures, Functions, views and cursors
• General understanding of distributed computing architectures,
• General understanding of the underlying operating systems especially Linux and Windows server 2008;
• General understanding of storage technologies, memory management, disk arrays, SAN Storage and networking;
• General understanding of routine maintenance, recovery, and oracle replication for business continuity;
• General knowledge of Banking and Business.
• Be a Rwandese by Nationality;
• Have at least Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and any other related field;
• Having any oracle and Linux professional certifications(OCA,OCP and Red hat) is an advantage;
• Having minimum age of 30 years;
NB: knowledge on the use of Orbit R Banking Application and Oracle is an Added Advantage.
If you have the required qualifications and personal attributes; and are fluent in English/Kinyarwanda we are willing to offer you a very rewarding and exciting career.
Please send your application, CV, Copy of ID addressed to People & Culture Manager via email on [email protected] not later than 28th August 2015 at 4:30pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By sending in your application, you consent to VFC running a background check on your record.