Job Title: Audit Assistant
Reporting to: Internal Auditor
Probationary Period: 3 months
The Audit Assistants works in a liaison with the Internal Auditor, Programmes and Finance teams and reports to the Country Director.The Audit Assistant is responsible for confirming and recording money received by MSK’s Centers in the form of cash or credit card from clients in exchange for services.
Verify change given to clients, petty cash balance and transaction processes.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCEThe post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to internal controls.
- Ensure financial and stock reconciliation in the Centers
- Offer customer care to clients
Key Responsibilities and Measures
Ensure compliance to internal controls
The activities include:
- Establish or identify prices of drugs and services and verify against client bills.
- Ensure there is proper management of daily cash account, conduct random cash counts and note any discrepancy.
- Ensure all income has been duly recorded in the CLIC system and Clients issued with a receipt for all payments made.
- Count money in cash drawers (tills) at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Be cognizant of MSK objectives and be alert to any financial or administrative malpractice by staff at the Centers.
- Signed Cash Certificates
- Signed End of Shift Reconciliation.
- Discrepancy Reports
Ensure financial and stock reconciliation in the Centers
The activities include;
- Calculate total payments received during a time period and reconcile with total sales (receipts).
- Maintain detailed transaction daily report for all income received.
- Reconcile income recorded against income banked.
- Discrepancy Reports.
- Daily Income Schedules.
- Signed End of Shift reconciliation and copy of bank deposit slip.
Offer customer care to clients
The activities include:
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions (where appropriate).
- Welcome clients entering establishments (where appropriate).
- Assist in resolving customer complaints which are financially related.
- Incidence/ occurrence report.
Knowledge, skills and attitudes Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in finance or related fields from a recognised institution of higher learning
- Professional certification – CPA (desirable)
- Minimum one year work experience
- Possess excellent IT skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with laid down controls – financial and administrative
- Ability to remain attentive in a busy environment
- Ability to work with numbers
- Customer oriented
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to be versatile.
Attitude / Motivation:Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
There are 13 key behaviours that MSI encourages in all employees and they are defined below:Initiative
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
How to Apply
- Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to: [email protected] on or before 8th March 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Audit Assistant”