Medical Doctor Job at Marie Stopes Kenya
Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Medical Doctor position for our client Marie Stopes Kenya.
Roles for the Medical Doctor Job
To provide clinical services and ensure that MSK centres meet the requisite QTA standards
- Overall quality inputs into service delivery, including running full out-patient clinic/ obstetric unit and carrying out surgical procedures as laid down in the protocols. Be flexible and ensure seamless round the clock doctor’s coverage. Required to work 5 days in a week and be first on call 4 to 5 days in a week
- Providing coverage in any of the MSK centres as might be required.
- Ensure there is proper and effective use of medical equipment and supplies and for notifying the centre manager of needs for repair, maintenance or replacements etc.
- Continuous monitoring of the other team members involved in service delivery
- Conducting regular internal quality audit checks at the centre
Responsible for reporting on all major and minor complications arising in the day to day operations of the centres
- Timely recognition of potential medical complications and dealing with or refer them as appropriate.
- Timely and appropriately reporting on all major and minor complications to the MAT
- Establishing clear and concise referral protocols and directories that are routinely updated.
- Providing timely feedback to the team on any gaps identified in the comprehensive treatment cycle.
- Coordinating and administering relevant and timely continuous medical updates to other staff to meet MSK’s operations needs
- Develop clear framework for regular clinical updates for all health care staff cadres at the centres
- Preparing and participating fully in Continuous Medical Education (C.M.E.)
- Liaise with the QAM department in supporting regular quality updates at the centre
- Routinely seek personal professional development in clinical skills and updates to deliver high quality services
Accurate information is available relating to service delivery and client feedback at the centres
- Maintain high quality service delivery data and ensure prompt reporting is achieved in line with MOH and MSK reporting framework
- Respond to data collection needs appropriately
- Proactively seek clients feedback in line with MSK customer focussed approach
Empowering and Effective team management
- Day to day supervision of the clinical service team to ensure that team delivers high quality services
- Routine mentorship and on job training of peers and other health care cadre staff
- Participating in performance appraisal and feedback for other staff members within the team
Medical Doctor Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university.
- Must have completed 1 year of internship in a busy hospital
- Must be registered with the Medical Practitioners and dentists board and possess a valid Private practice License
- Proven clinical skills and competencies
- I.T skills
- Report writing skills
- Leadership skills
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted to: [email protected] on or before 28th April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Medical Doctor”
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer