Location: Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Nairobi, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Finance Officer Job Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI’s Goal: The Prevention of Unwanted Births and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: Children by Choice Not Chance.
- Reporting to the Regional Finance Director (East Africa), the main purpose of this role is two-fold: to build the finance capacity of MSI Country Programmes including Partner Programmes to adequately support the delivery of their work; and secondly to support the timely management reporting and analysis of Country finance reports to MSI support programmes including the International Programmes Department.
- You will provide support to a number of designated countries to build capacity across a range of areas including Financial Accounting & Reporting, Business Planning, Financial Management Systems, Financial Controls, Business Processes, Financial Leadership and Risk management.
Requirements for the Finance Officer Job
- You should be a fully qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant. Educated to degree level or equivalent, with experience of multi-currency accounting and reporting, as well as building finance capacity. You’ll be competent with Excel and have familiarity with Sun Accounting or Vision Reporting Tools (or similar). You need to be someone who enjoys working with, and training, people from a many different cultures.
- There is a considerable amount of travelling in this role as you will be supporting several different countries.
How to Apply
Apply for here for the job.
All nationalities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: Sunday 5th March 2017 (midnight GMT). Interviews will take place after this date (for shortlisted candidates).