Our Client seeks to fill the position of MARINE INSURANCE MANAGER in Kenya. To support their continued growth within the region, we are thus hunting for exceptional talent in the role:
Marine Insurance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Do 50% underwriting by working closely with underwriting and reinsurance manager and 50% business development.
- Responsible for supervising, mentor and coach junior staff by improving their product and market knowledge.
- Develop potential business areas and also maintain professional relationship with existing customers.
- Underwrite business within Risk Acceptance Authority and guidelines.
- Ensure timely collection of premiums in line with company credit control policy.
- Manage the company marine insurance budget and identify requirements and analyze risks associated with certain marine policies.
- Monitor and maintain loss ratio records for the marine class.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and guidelines from regulatory bodies in Kenya.
- Assist claims teams in global claims management and maintain insurance data for management reporting purposes.
- Monitor the operation of the company marine insurance portal including KENTRADE to ensure effective and efficient operations.
Qualifications for the Marine Insurance Manager Job
- At least 7 years of relevant marine cargo and hull underwriting experience, 3 of which are in general insurance as manager
- University degree in business with insurance professional qualifications in General Insurance e.g. full IIK or ACII.
- Strong working experience in all classes of general insurance and shipping related insurances.
- The Candidate should have good communication & interpersonal skills
- Should have a high level of independence, honesty and integrity
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Well versed with compliance requirements within the marine insurance markets.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Widely knowledgeable of world trade shipping routes and geography
How to Apply
If you believe you are qualified and ready to take on new challenges, then we want to talk to you urgently.
Please send your application to us right away at [email protected] and include your current remuneration. Kindly note only qualified candidates will be contacted.