Market Development & Housing Finance Job At Habitat For Humanity International
At Habitat for Humanity International, we believe that everyone deserves a decent and affordable place to call home. Homeownership allows families to save more, invest in education, live in healthier environments and have more financial stability. Habitat for Humanity partners with families around the world to build the strength, stability and independence they need for a better future. We believe that with a little help, we all have the potential to stand on our own.
Market Development & Housing Finance Job Responsibilities
- Lead in the development of a market development strategy for EMEA, focused on housing, at both the regional and country level. This will be based on a value chain analysis, research, etc.
- Provide guidance to national/country program offices in the development of market development strategy and plans in alignment with the regional and HQ strategies and priorities.
- Supervise, mentor and support the market development team in EMEA to successfully execute activities that support affordable housing markets in EMEA in alignment with the Sector Impact strategy. Nurture local efforts to engage in market development programs.
- Expand support among internal and external stakeholders for a market development approach to engaging the private sector in affordable housing, including: regional and national HFH leadership, important customers, financiers, donors and others.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the Center for Innovation in Shelter and Finance in EMEA, focused on advisory services, peer learning and knowledge management.
- Provide leadership to efforts to mobilize capital in EMEA for innovation and expansion in the housing sector; including Micro Build Fund, wholesale lending and financial partnerships.
- Represent EMEA in internal and external groups dedicated to a market approach to affordable housing, that expand HFHI’s brand.
- Consolidate global models and learning in order to develop, refine and standardize HFHI best practices.
- Collaborate with other departments (including programs, finance, legal, and resource development teams) to develop global systems and processes and manage organizational reputation and financial risks associated with borrowing and partnerships.
- Advise the Area Vice President and contribute to strategic and operational decision making as a member of the Area Management Team.
- Provide leadership to the strategy and vision of market development work as it grows and evolves globally, representing EMEA on the housing finance leadership team and market development task force.
- Play a key role in the development of market development donor proposals at both the regional and country level.
Qualifications For Market Development & Housing Finance Job:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years’ professional experience in international development, with market development and value chain analysis / development experience.
- Extensive experience working in Africa.
- Experience successfully managing donor-funded projects with such donors as USAID, CIDA, DFID, PEPFAR, etc.
- Exceptional cross-cultural management skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more segments of the affordable housing value chain such as titling, WASH, housing finance, construction, urban planning, land tenure, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social enterprise, social investment and other private sector methods to reach poor communities.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and advise on strategic planning, organizational development, and program implementation.
- Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Ability to facilitate virtual (global) project teams.
- Understanding of Habitat’s Christian philosophy and principles.
- Willing and able to travel up to 40%.
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, International Development or a related field.
- Experience in the housing sector strongly preferred.
- Strong fundraising experience including proposal development and design, donor identification and enrollment.
- Experience working and living in Europe and/or Middle East.
- Experience in consulting or other client-facing position.
- Experience with Habitat for Humanity strategy and operations.
- Housing finance and microfinance experience.
- Experience working with large investors and/or large institutional donors.
How to Apply