Position: Market Intelligence Manager
Salary: Ksh 150,000
Role Purpose: To leverage the best practices in market research, data collection and validation to establish the company as the leading provider of market intelligence on local businesses in Africa.
The Market Intelligence Manager (MIM) will develop a deep understanding of the local information service needs of consumers as well as the data requirements of marketers trying to reach local businesses in our target markets.
The MIM will support the company’s local search products and services by ensuring they provide the most complete, relevant and accurate information in the market.
Furthermore, the MIM will establish the company as the leading provider of business data collection, validation and licensing services in Africa.
The individual will lead the data/market intelligence team across the different markets in which the company operates.
- Data Collection: Establish the company as the most complete source of local business information in each market by combining different approaches:
- Identifying best sources by category
- Data Partnerships
- Agent Program / Crowd Sourcing
- Data Validation: Develop optimal methodology and most cost effective practices to ensure it has the most accurate database in each market:
- Business Development: Establish the company as the leading source of reliable business data in Africa. Build a $1M USD data licensing business in 3 years:
- Identify target customers (e.g. HERE, LTK, TomTom, etc).
- Develop standard licensing products where possible (e.g. SME database)
- Explore strategic data partnerships
- Develop customized value proposition as required
- Participate in the process of enhancing the company’s consumer and SME value proposition.
- Provide leadership and manage performance of market intelligence team
- Benchmark and establish targets vs. global best practices.
- Develop an understanding of consumers, SMEs and Data Partners solicit feedback from customers to provide input into continually improving value proposition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing (or relevant experience if degree in another field)
- Strong track record in developing and executing market research, data collection and management programs.
- Deep expertise in managing customer databases and leveraging them into actionable business decisions
- Strong understanding of current market intelligence concepts, strategy and best practices
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical reasoning and creative problem solving skills.
- Project Management skills
- Strong Business Development background. Effective customer relationship expertise is key.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (articulate) coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude and use good organization skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal management skills.
- Good decision making skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications send your detailed CV with the subject Intelligence Marketing Manager to [email protected]