Market Risk Analyst Job at CFC Stanbic Bank, Kenya
- To effectively monitor and report market risk and other related risks of the bank on a daily basis.
- To support and advice Executive and senior management on the market risks run by the bank.
- To provide support to the Global Market team in terms of meeting their objectives in a risk effective manner.
- The successful candidate will also play a role in shaping the function, delivering on ‘Change the bank’ initiatives and for running it in ‘Business as Usual’.
- Production of daily, weekly and periodical MR reports to various committees of the firm (ALCO, BRMC etc)
- Running and evaluating results of Stress Tests, Scenario Analysis, and Back-testing on all books.
- Ensure compliance with market risk policies and procedures as it relates to FX, MM, FI and FI.
- Identify all the products in the books of the bank, ensure they have been signed off by the NPC and mandates exist for their use. Ensuring that only authorized products and risk factors are traded by desks.
- Track the P/L from all products in the Banking & Trading Book. This entails daily review of Risk and P&L reports & determines P&L attribution per product.
- Quantification of MR for Trading book, Banking book for Equity, Interest rate products and for FX products.
- To ensure that relevant meaningful and insightful commentary is included in all reports (daily, weekly, monthly e.t.c) that clearly and succinctly gives the reader an understanding of the salient risk exposures and sources of P& L on the desk, country, region, FX business and demonstrates the preparers understanding thereof.
- Perform comprehensive price validation of liquid risk drivers (daily) and all risk drivers (at least monthly).
- Tracking of risk breaches from identification through to closure thereof (position reduction, condonement e.t.c). This involves daily monitoring of exposures, limits for all the books i.e. banking, trading & Equity.
- Monitoring of backtesting exceptions.
- Quantification of Normal VaR, Stress VaR and PV01 computation & analysis.
- Automating all risk reports to shorten the time for producing the reports and increase integrity.
- Building and strengthening relationships and ensuring interaction with Front office, Back office, Finance, and Calypso IT Team.
Key Performance Measures
- Accurate/ timely rendition of market risk reports.
- Timely explanation, resolution and escalation of all breaches and back-testing exceptions.
- Accurate and timely completion of all periodic market risk monitoring reports and presentations to ALCO
- Effective and comprehensive price validation of liquid risk drivers (daily) and all risk drivers (at least monthly)
Preferred Qualification and Experience for Market Risk Analyst Job
- 2-3 years post university work experience.
- Exposure to treasury/derivative products, project management and IT will be beneficial. An understanding of the objectives and operations of
- Market Risk Department
- A good first degree in a quantitative field
- Strong desire to learn about Financial Markets and Instruments Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Problem solving and decision making
- Required to follow laid-down policies and procedures at all times.
- Able to extract and apply core concepts to problem solving.
- Able to manage technical projects, which may be of limited scale
- Manage timelines and resources.
- Direct implementation efforts to completion.
- Deal with a wide range of internal staff/other department queries, showing sensitivity to the requirements as well as the organizational laid-down operational/procedural limitations.
- Able to take initiative within limits of authority.
- Able to plan and implement the delivery and improvement of services and resources.
- Planning is generally on a daily and weekly basis within regular activity cycles.
- Able to deal efficiently with work volumes while remaining focused on priority issues.
- Coordinate project planning for new developments or enhancements.
- Able to demonstrate vision and ability to proactively plan, implement and forecast for organizational success.
How to Apply
Click here to apply