Job Vacancy: Marketing Assistant / Admin
Description: The Marketing Assistant provides administrative support to the marketing department.
An important cog in the marketing wheel, they are also responsible for assisting the firm in arranging and implementing selected marketing initiatives.
- A confident, articulate and determined Marketing Assistant who has experience of being involved in a wide range of marketing activities across both traditional and digital channels.
- Providing administrative support to the marketing department, he/she will need to possess a bias for action and have the vision, focus and ability to translate a plan into action whilst at the same time having a sense of calm urgency.
- His/her key strengths should include; dealing with colleagues, suppliers and other stakeholders in a professional and polite manner, and being able to adhere to moving deadlines.
Typical Work Activities
- The work of the marketing assistant will be varied. However, the tasks and responsibilities will typically involve assisting the marketing department with the following:
- Providing administrative support to the marketing department by assisting with all Marketing administration matters for the cmpany Marketing &Retail Marketing for Kenya & in the region, when required to do so.Create organised an list and database of prospective suppliers to keep it updated with current contact details
- Sourcing of marketing quotations whilst maintaining and building contacts with suppliers, placing orders, scanning and attaching invoices.
- Book /place advertisements with the newspapers and publications, negotiate contracts and ensuring we get the best bulk rates with the media for all the company depts. as well as for Malls that the company manages.
- Assisting with the monitoring and production of marketing materials, whilst liaising with graphic designers and printers, to ensure consistency (e.g. printing and production of all the company in house reports and publications, pitch documents etc).
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s annual events calender
- Ensure Marketing Folders on the server are well organized and up-to-date by inputting new data, updating old records and performing cross checks on an on-going basis.
- Assist in the preparation of the Critical Path and to ensure timely alerts are sent to all parties concerned.
Tracking Mall Marketing Budgets
- Assist with organizing and managing events, including on-ground set ups of the company Expo’s and other Sponsored Events e.g. Golf Events, Client development launches, networking lunches and handling RSVP’setc.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the company Staff speaking engagements/ panel participation, special events, and other ad hoc marketing efforts ensuring proper the company branding for high visibility
- Work closely with Admin to ensure timely receipt and distribution of the company internal and external reports & publication (e.g. Africa View, International View etc.), the company invitation cards including .g. newsletters, client alerts, etc.
- Maintain oversight of the company’s Client database in order to fully utilise it for client engagement and promotion of the company services
- To assist in the development and integration marketing activities (e.g. use of property templates for proposals, PowerPoint etc.) andworking closely with staff in other functions & departments in the company.
- Assist in collating interdepartmental material for Global Life and Internal Newsletters when required to do so.
- To assist in compiling, distributing & analyzing data, marketing campaigns, questionnaires & market research.
- Tracking marketing efforts and monitoring results of Malls that the company manages as well as monitoring Competitor Mall activity.
- Download and maintain the image library by downloading and replenishing Shutterstock imagery when requested to do so by the graphic designers.
- Assist with maintaining the company’s website and profile, keep site content fresh and updated in coordination with the main webmaster and Agency if/when required to do so.
- Assist with updating the company’s social media platforms with marketing content, when required to do. (This will be done in liaison with the PR & Comms Officer).
Qualifications and Training Required
- Graduates with any degree discipline .However, degree subjects such as marketing, business or statistics can be advantageous.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good team working skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical and Analytical skills
- IT skills& knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks at one time.
- Knowledge of procurement would be an added advantage
Ignoring unnecessary workplace distractions.
Ability to operate effectively in a professional environment.
Superb business and personal etiquette.
Able to respond and adapt to new challenges.
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Note: The position is permanent and the salary is KShs 70,000.00.
How to Apply
Forward CV to [email protected] not later than 10/10/2015