GPF Kenya: Marketing / Business Development Intern
Global Peace Foundation is an international nonprofit organization that promotes a proactive peace-building model based on universal principles and shared values as essential resources in creating harmonious communities, work places and schools.
The Global Peace Foundation Kenya is offering an internship position for a suitable candidate with the ability to introduce and sell a new social enterprise product into the market.
This is an ideal position for an entry-level marketer or an experienced relationship-sales professional with a marketing or business development background.
- Design and implement a sales & marketing strategy for a new social enterprise product.
- Perform specific outreach functions, including prospecting and research to provide a wide network for product distribution.
- Work with Program Directors to manage key relationships within their programs with a potential for product consumption; Interact with relevant ministries in the County and National Government, Corporates, NGO’s and other stakeholders to establish a wide product distribution network.
- Schedule meetings with stakeholders for product introduction and follow up on potential sales opportunities.
- Collect feedback from product consumers for continuous improvement of the product design and efficiency.
- Provide general administrative support when required and any other duties that may be assigned by the employer.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Sales & Marketing or any other related courses
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal and organization skills, self-driven and a proactive salesperson.
Terms of appointment: This is a (3) months internship position renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send their resume with a cover letter addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Global Peace Foundation Kenya
on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should submit the following before 7th October, 2015
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The candidate must be available to start immediately.