Our client is a Kenyan manufacturer of motor bikes. They seek to hire a Marketing & Communications Manager who develop and execute marketing plans to reach targets by brands awareness and product promotion. He/ She should be passionate about motorcycles and deliver effective marketing campaigns.
Location: Nairobi (50% travel around Kenya)
Gross Salary: Competitive
Marketing & Communications Manager Job Responsibilities
- Prepare the annual Marketing Plan.
- Brainstorm and develop ideas with creative agencies.
- Follow up with PR, Events and Advertising agencies to ensure results are delivered on time.
- Support appointed Agents, Dealers and Service centres in compiling & executing marketing activities in their regions.
- Coordinate management of the companies social media account (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc)
- Ensure the website is up to date at all times and follow up with departments on the activities and materials.
- Support the sales team by compiling and preparing presentation materials.
- Collect potential customer data during marketing events to support sales team in prospecting
- Collect data from competitors on products and prices
- Conduct market research to find out about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Manage the company image and corporate outlook including branding and staff uniforms
- Develop and execute marketing and communications campaigns which help develop clients, build the company’s brand, and drive growth objectives.
- Identify and map industry trends; market environment; competitor analysis and provide insights on unique selling points for continuous development.
- Manage a library of marketing content, including portfolios, images, videos and inter-active demos. Ensure organization and dissemination of content and regular updates in concert with major events and opportunities.
- Champion the company brand internally and externally through communications initiatives.
Qualifications for the Marketing & Communications Manager Job
- University degree or above.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position; understanding of Electronics business model is a plus.
- Previous experience organizing corporate events
- Knowledge of traditional modes of communication, social media and media firms
- Experience in managing creative partners, PR and Communications
- At least 3 years mobile phone, appliances and product marketing experience and channel management experience is required, foreigner company experience is a plus.
- Results oriented and can work under high pressure.
- Good communication skills and willing to take initiatives under high pressure.
- Ability to build partnerships across functions
- Excellent command of English both orally and written.
- Strong abilities with PowerPoint, Word Press office tools.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Marketing & Communications Manager – Motorbikes) to [email protected] on or before 3rd October 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-
listed for interview will be contacted