Marketing & Outreach Associate Job at Andela, Kenya
Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior-Mid Level
Location: Nairobi, Kenya / Lagos, Nigeria
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
About the Marketing and Outreach Associate Role
- The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, and direct strategies and activities that optimize recruitment by attracting new applicants to Andela’s Fellowship Program. This is accomplished by providing essential information about Andela as it relates to recruitment.; making vital information available to partners and recruitment pipelines through visits and presentations.
- This is a critical role at Andela as the success of our program depends on the quality of developers that we admit into the program. He/she would report to the Recruitment Manager and work with the Recruitment Logistics Associate and Data Analyst -Talent Sourcing to set the country recruitment team’s objectives, set priorities, and execute on a well laid out plan.
Key Attributes of the role include:
- You are biased towards action. You take action first, and improve on the actions for optimal results.
- You drive results in a big way and can get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through
- You have superior organizational skills, integrity and excellence-oriented mindset.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Resolving any arising problems and complaints
- Liaise with other departments to successfully complete tasks and projects
- Strategically plan and execute recruitment events and cycle
- You are very analytical, and can create insights from analyzing sets of data
Marketing & Outreach Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in creating and implementing annual outreach and recruitment plan.
- Work with recruitment manager to develop outreach and marketing plan to recruit new fellows in line with the organizational objectives.
- Assist in fellows recruitment processes.
- Attend relevant community meetings, conferences and round tables.
- Schedule and personally conduct at least 4 presentations a month.
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners, recruitment pipelines and cultivate new ones.
- Actively recruit and manage Fellowship Applications
- Ensure all recruitment e-mails and enquiries have been successfully replied in regard to outreach opportunities.
- Ensuring activities highlighted in the recruitment calendar take place as scheduled.
- Managing of all stages of the fellow recruitment process, including candidate screening and selection
- Ensuring information about qualifications and qualities of ideal candidates as well as information about what benefits and opportunities Andela provides its Fellows are available to prospective fellows using print, web and mass media.
- Working with Andela’s Media associate to evangelize the Andela experience through social media channels.
- Working with the accountant to ensure all payments to recruitment vendors is made as at when due
- Create and generate standard quarterly and year-end reports as well as ad-hoc reports to inform operational and workforce optimization decisions by managers and senior leadership
- Work in close collaboration with the recruitment strategy to define, develop, and document data needs and translate those needs into standard operational reports on recruitment and enrollment activities and results
- Participate in both operational projects and strategic initiatives with cross-functional teams throughout the Office.
- Research Social Media Recruiting trends to offer best practices on how to utilize social sites as candidate networking tools.
- Manage Recruitment systems and activities to ensure that production and quality expectations are met
- Organizing or attending events that would drive the awareness of Andela’s programs.
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with recruitment channel partners and vendors including developing partnership agreements and monitoring performance of these channels.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of recruiting trends and issues, labour laws and government regulations that have short and long term implications
Qualifications and competencies for Marketing & Outreach Job
- Bachelor’s Degree is an added advantage.
- At least 1-2 years experience in a similar position.
- Knowledgeable of the tech ecosystem in Kenya.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work under pressure meeting deadlines and changing priorities.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Click here to apply. Application deadline is on 31st August, 2016